Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help with mixer connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with mixer connections

I am totally new to home studio and recording and I need help and guidance with connections.
    I have an Audiophile 192 Sound Card, Sonar Home Studio 6, Mackie 1202-VLZPro Mixer, Roland Juno G keyboard, Roland TDA-700 Amplifier, Roland TD-20 Drum Kit and two Rokit 6 KRK Monitor Speakers.
    I would like to connect everything to the mixer and run it thru the computer if possible?
    Can someone please help and give me a step by step on how to connect it all together?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

It would be helpful to know what, exactly, you are trying to accomplish. Basically, unless you have some kind of multi-channel USB2, PCMCIA, or FireWire interface, you are limited to inputing a stereo signal through the Line In of Mic In jack on your computer.

So, tell us what you are trying to acheive and we'll be more able to steer you in the right direction.
    Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

With your setup, I would use SPDIF to run the TD-20 straight into the Audiophile 192. I would connect the Juno using the analog ins.

Connect the Rokits to the Audiophile outs and start recording!

The mixer and amp are unecessary for recording.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Frankie,

I agree with Michael's setup, though I would also connect the audio outs from TD-20 (sub-mixed), Juno and PC to your mixer and connect your spkrs to the ctrl room out of your mixer.
        You then have the monitor mix separated from the PC to avoid latency and you have direct ins to the PC to avoid additional noise generated from the mixer - clean recording and controllable PA.

Comment

Use Google there are a lot of great sites on recording out there full of excellent info. Also the manuals tell you a lot about connecting everything up...
          My Kit
          http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all the great input guys.
            I finally got everything connected and working.

Comment

Also check out Tweak's Guide. Theres info mixers and everything else you will ever need to know about recording. I must give this link out to about 5+ times a day...

It's really helped me and a lot of others get into recording as well as pick the proper gear.
              Dave
              Sonic Orb Studios
              My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
              Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Comment

Logical diagram of MIDI/Audio

Have to agree with you about Tweak's guide Dave - excellent.

For anyone who's interested, here's a simple logical diagram of the MIDI/Audio design for a small studio - basically a hub/spoke design for audio and a daisy chain design for MIDI:
                Studio Design v0.2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X