Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play along/recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play along/recording

I am new to vdrums and have a TD 12. I have read the manual numerous times about recording and I can record me in an empty pattern. However, I can't seem to figure out how to record me playing along to a cd.

I can hear the cd through the headphones (I hooked it up through the mix in) and I can hear me playing to the cd, but I can't figure out how to record to the TD 12.

Is it possible or do I have to get a computer program to do it through the midi jacks?

Thank you.

Welcome!

You would have to do that on a computer (or some other external hardware) as modules with sequencers can't record audio, only MIDI songs/patterns which are not audio but a series of note/volume instructions.

For a free and simple audio recording setup, see; Recording ... easy and cheap!

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 04-24-08, 09:39 AM. Reason: Fixed double http:// in URL

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
      Welcome!

For a free and simple audio recording setup, see; Recording ... easy and cheap!

Bruce
      Hey Bruce...linky no worky.
      Stick twirling - because you obviously have mastered all other aspects of drumming already, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dschrammie View Post
        Do a search on Recording Easy And Cheap and you'll find the thread.

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38893

Comment

Originally posted by dschrammie View Post
          Sorry....fixed now.

Comment

If you are willing to spend a little money..... the Zoom H2 (or H4) are really good little devices for doing this.

....just plug the headphone out of the module in the line in of the H2. (You may need a y-splitting so that you can still where your headphones.)

F.

Comment

Working...
            X