Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording with the br8

hey there,

I have a boss BR8 digital recorder (yes I am guitar player) I'm wondering if there are any VDrum users who know the best way to record with a BR8 or similar Roland VS digital recorder. Which input should I use, HiZ or mic in, etc. Currently I'm using a V-club set with a guitar lead out from the head phone jack to the inputs on the br-8. It sounds like pooh.

Can anybody help?

All Roland outputs are unbalanced. HiZ is the correct choice.

I'm not sure what you are doing with the headphone jack, but if you are using it to send a signal to your recorder, that's most likely your problem. Exactly what are you pluging into your recorder and where is the signal originating from?
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by c. jude:
      Use the direct or master outs direct into a normal line input on your recorder.

Not sure if the HiZ is correct or not either. Often this kind of input is for an electric guitar with passive electronics and boosts the weak signal (not recommended for the line level Vdrum signal).

On the HiZ... I was really just looking at it as being an available unbalanced input. However, it is intended as a high impedence input for guitar. I think you can get away with using it, but there is only one of them and you would be better off having someone who knows about impedence levels make a recommendation - that ain't me.

From what I can tell from a brief search on the BR8, there is a pair of line inputs available and they are RCA phono jacks. To use the 1/4" drum outputs, you can get adaptors to convert from 1/4" to phono. Radio Shack has em.

Heck, you wouldn't hurt anything using the mic inputs either. They are 1/4" TRS balanced, but plugging in your unbalanced 1/4" TS drum cords won't hurt a thing. You have a trim knob to make level adjustments. It would seem you have at least one pair of them.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
      X