Doing demos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing demos...

I am putting some thought into offering up my services for recording projects. I have been playing out live since the 70's, every kind of music or gig.I enjoy that, but I am really interested in moving into a recording direction. Drum tracks for the hobbyist, for someone demos...etc.My keyboardist offered me a project as he has a studio. Some woman is paying him a bit of dough to record a CD for her.I am going to run an ad in the local weekly trade mag here in Phoenix and see what kind of response I get.
    Do any of you hire out with the V's and do projects? What is a fair rate? Per tune or per hour? I am not in it for the money. I have a day gig and a band. I just want to move in a different direction and have all of the tools to do that....just needing some input....Thanks!
    Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
    Presonus Firepod
    Reaper
    Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

We do some work like that and we charge per hour as any studio would. As far as how much to charge, in our case its based on how much work is needed. For engineers about a $100.00 per hour to start and musicians can range from $50.00 to $100.00 and more at times.

------------------
    Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.
    Studio

Comment

Working...
    X