roland powered mixer PA-250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roland powered mixer PA-250

My friend upgraded his mixer and amps.....
    so I can buy his used equipment at a very good price.....

but we dont know what is the max output power of this PA-250......

I search all over the web and find nothing.....

do you guys know that??
    Thank you~~

Originally posted by c. jude:
    2 channels at 125W ea (4ohm).
    Thanks C.Jude~~~~

I am a beginner in sound equipment.....
    If the power output is 125W 4ohm.......
    can It drives a 200W 8ohm PA each channel??

Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by drummercat:
      If the power output is 125W 4ohm.......
      can It drives a 200W 8ohm PA each channel??
      drummercat,

We exchanged some words on the topic before. Read this, it will give you some insight - http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000919.html

Let us know if that helps. If not, just holler...

The Dr.... , ****e, c. jude is right. The power would be less and most likely you would not be able to drive the 200W 8ohm PA each channel efficiently.

------------------
      Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited January 24, 2002).]
      Studio

Comment

szvook,

It helps!!
        thanks a lot.
        but I still have something not clear.....
        the amp has 2 output...if I plug 1 (8ohm)speaker in 1 output, and plug 1 (8ohm) into other......the impedence of the system is 4ohm ??

and the power output each channel is 125W 4 ohm, means it can drive 1x 100W 8ohm PA each channel, It means I can buy a pair of 100W 8ohm PA. and plug it directly into the amp.

is that right??

Thanks again and again~~~~~

Originally posted by szvook:
        drummercat,

We exchanged some words on the topic before. Read this, it will give you some insight - http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000919.html

Let us know if that helps. If not, just holler...

The Dr.... , ****e, c. jude is right. The power would be less and most likely you would not be able to drive the 200W 8ohm PA each channel efficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by drummercat:
          but I still have something not clear.....
          the amp has 2 output...if I plug 1 (8ohm)speaker in 1 output, and plug 1 (8ohm) into other......the impedence of the system is 4ohm ??

and the power output each channel is 125W 4 ohm, means it can drive 1x 100W 8ohm PA each channel, It means I can buy a pair of 100W 8ohm PA. and plug it directly into the amp.
          Not quite - that applies if both speakers are plugged into one of the ampís channels. With both speakers plugged into the amp (each channel) the load that the amp will see will be 8 ohms. Going form 4 ohms to 8 ohms lowers the power output from the amp.

Here is an example of my K2 rating:

The PA-250 puts out 125 watts at 4 ohms, thus a speaker with a 4 ohms rating will see the amp load as 125 watts per channel. To drive a PA with 200 watts at 8 ohms the amp would have to put out the load at 8 ohms to match better. The PA-250 would end up dropping the power output to handle the 8 ohms speakers.

So you would need 4 ohms speakers with a rating of 125 watts to get the full potential out of the PA-250. Itís best to match up the impedance better between the amp and the speakers to insure best output and clean sound reproduction and to get the power the system is rated for; basically to get the watts you are after.

------------------
          Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.
          Studio

Comment

Working...
          X