Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aux IN being sent out from Master outputs (TD8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux IN being sent out from Master outputs (TD8)

I was recording drums to 2 tracks of my Yamaha minidisc recorder using the R & L Master outputs from my TD-8. At the same time the other members of the band were recording to several other tracks of the minidisc recorder. I connected a monitor signal from the minidisc recorder to the Aux input on the TD-8 so that the drummer could hear the rest of the band, as well as his drumming. When I came to mix-down I realised that the Aux input on the TD-8 had been sent out of the master outputs of the TD-8 - so consequently the 2 drum tracks on the minidisc have got the band on as well !! Is there a setting that I need to change in the TD-8 to avoid this (apologies if this is in the manual - I am away from home at the moment)

Thanks very much

Kelvin

Yes at least with the TD-10 there is set the aux in to phone only should be somewhere in the set up section. Any TD-8 users verify this.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

Change the output type on the Aux input to MAS. Go to Setup, find output type settings and change (or make sure) the Aux input is set to MAS.

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

Thanks very much - when I get home I will check that.
        Regards
        Kelvin

Comment

Sounds like it is already set to "master" if it is outputing to the master outs. You could try the direct outs and adjust the volume at the recorder. That is what I use.

------------------
          TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech AX14, ConcertCast and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Dingbat, Nimrod, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10, Fender Bassman 60.......2000 Eclipse GS
          I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
          X