mp3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3s

Hi there , I am looking into getting some v-drums soon as I've been using a boss dr-770 for a while now and am bored of programming all the time!! I have made several mp3's with the dr-770 and it doesnt sound too bad , but I miss playing so am looking to upgrade. The reason I am writing is because I downloaded the mp3 demo's of the v-drums and it sounds great but the beats in the demo were so basic. I'd love to hear a real drummer using one and was wondering if any of you out there could point me in the direction of any mp3 songs which have v-drums in them.
    Many thanks
    Spoony

http://www.infinitehelix.com

Comment

www.e-drummer.net
      Go to the free loops page for lots of loops all recorded on the V-Pro kit

Comment

Spoony,

I have two self-produced songs on mp3.com, one of which ("Simple Happy Dream") uses the V-Drums prominently. A lot of folks (myself included) feel the snare is too loud in the mix, but for your purposes, that can't be a bad thing.

The URL is http://www.mp3.com/christianwilliams . I would definitely appreciate your feedback, even if the style (roots reggae) isn't one you favor. I did all the playing and singing, so don't hold back. By the way, the other song ("Specimen") uses a DR-660.

[This message has been edited by C Williams (edited January 23, 2001).]

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses and am downloading as much as I can and will give you my honest opinion soon Although I use a drum machine , I have loads of mp3s out mostly in the style of rock solo guitar a la satriani http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/120/....html?lang=eng
          if you want to give it a go

Comment

Spoony, I you are looking to buy a V-Drum kit you can try mine. I have a TD-8 kit, had it about six months. I live in Luton so Im not far from you. Just a thought.
            e-mail me at [email protected] if your are interseted.

Comment

Chris Williams:

Great songs! Please let me know when you have some more.

[email protected]

My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

Comment

www.oakland.edu/~khan

look under music about mid way down the page and click experiment

thanx

al

any feedback appreciated

------------------
                "Half the World Waits While Half the World Does Everyday"
                "Half the World Waits While Half the World Does Everyday"

Comment

Hey ;O)
                  Many thanks for your reply to the v-drums forum. Much appreciated and I loved the track you did with it , they sound great. You have a monster set up there bro !!!
                  I used to have a kit , but sadly had to sell it as it was just to loud for the house , so I got a dr-770 instead and then I heard about v-drums , the sound a feel of a kit but you can use them with headphones ) So I've surfed the internet for as many opinions and soundclips of them as I can find and the overall opinion seems to be that they are great !
                  I see Mike Portnoy is one of your influences ? I think other than Neil Peart , he is probably the best drummer out there. I have all the dream theater cd's and the 2 liquid tension experiment cd's he released too !
                  So compared to a real kit , which are the good any bad points of v-drums in your opinion ?
                  Many thanks again for the response
                  All the best
                  Spoony

Comment

Working...
                  X