Rooms Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooms Size

I am building a small studio in my gerage and plan to build a sperate room for drums.

My space is VERY limited. How large do I have to make the room for a drum kit?

------------------
    Mitch
    Mitch

Large enough for you and the kit to fit in there.

Comment

I've been to a small studio where the room had to be no bigger than 5x8, maybe smaller from what I can remember. Had the kit (Pintechs not V's about the same footprint though, all pads no cymbals) facing right up to the back wall. You basically opened the door to sit down and closed it behind you. A bit claustrophobic but it worked. I definitely would'nt shoot for anything smaller.

Don't know if this helps, it just reminded me . You are talking edrums

Comment

I like a 10 X 10 area so things don't feel too cramped. I wouldn't go less than 8 x 8.

Comment

why do you need a seperate room for your E-Drums?

Comment

mgolomb never said e-drums... he just said "drums"

rus
            \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Originally posted by ADD:
              why do you need a seperate room for your E-Drums?
              Same reason you use them on acoustics. So the rest of the band can tell drummer jokes

Comment

hahaha that was good!

Comment

hmm.. I have a pintech/td-8 system, 4 toms, 13" snare, 4 yamaha cymbal pads, double pedal + upright kick pad, auxillary upright kick pad w/single pedal, and music stand in a 4'x4' space including the throne and room for me to play.. Heh.. it's a dorm room But it works fine for me, infact I like the toms really close to each other, more speed, less twisting/reaching. It definately doesn't feel cramped when I am playing.

Comment

There's a big difference in "room size" and "footprint". 10 x 10 would be the absolute minimum for electric drums and even that would give me the heebie jeebies after a while. An amp cranked up would be considered masochistic. Acoustic drums in the same environment? Huh, what did you say, can't hear you.

Looks like I have turned into old fart after all! 30 years ago, I would have thought 10 x 10 was paradise.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
                      Large enough for you and the kit to fit in there.

How does this response help him dial in his room for his needs?

Robert

Comment

I would suggest a small sound proofed room for the amps which would be mic'd and then all of band members share a common room for playing. That room could also act as a vocal booth (and then the rest of the band can tell singer jokes).

Comment

who needs a studio!?!?!

what ever happened to sitting on the toilet and using a kick and snare...screw technology!! lol

------------------
                          hit harder???
                          hit harder???

Comment

What's the problem here? When I want a bigger drum room I go to Ambience>Room Size and twist the dial!?

Actually, wouldn't it be good if you could actually do that to your house???

Comment

Working...
                            X