Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to get the perfect latency with td17kv to macbook or focusrite

Hi Guys
    iīm trying to get the most low latency possible.
    I connected the td17 via usb to my macbookpro 2019. but when I play with ezdrummer or sd3 i got almost 2 ms of latency.
    I have an focusrite 2i2 also but i didnīt try connected to the macbook.
    can I get a better performance maybe?
    are you using the td17 as an audio interface in your mac?

Iīm thinking to buy a 2i4 to use the midi out-in from td17kv to the interface and then to mac.
    what you think?
    thanks!!!!

Do you Actually mean 2ms as that is Incredibly good
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

sorry i mean 12 ms

Comment

Yes, a dedicated interface will help significantly but you'll have to spend more to get really low latency. You should be able to do a bit better though with what you have - what are your audio settings in SD3?
        ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Comment

how i can do it with my focusrite 2i2, donīt hace midi out and in

Comment

Originally posted by manegarm View Post
            how i can do it with my focusrite 2i2, donīt hace midi out and in
            MIDI via USB from TD17 directly to the Mac. 2i2 would handle audio output.

I'm not familiar with the DAW you're using as I only use SD3 standalone, however there should be a place to set the buffer size. Ideally you want it as low as possible - usually 64 or 32 samples.

Comment

hey I using cubase 10. macbook 2019. i try to low the buffer to 32. and i get 3.5 ms. itīs weird
              another point it that iīm using generic in the roland module. cause if i use vendor. my mac donīt recognize any signal from the drum

Comment

I connected the roland via usb to this hub and there to mac
                Attached Files

Comment

Turn ASIO Guard off. It adds latency. It’s ok if you end up with lots of vsti when mixing but adds latency to drop cpu load. It tends to be ok with just the one vsti like SD3 but add any more and latency jumps up. I find it noticeably better without it but I do have quite a powerful i9 pc.
                  Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

yes i turn off the asio guard. but i didnīt get a significant difference still arround 3.4. if i use an interface and connect this one via MIDI can make any diference?

Comment

Did you switch to the Focusrite as your output device? You should be able to do better than 3.4ms but I'm not familiar with the 2i2 so I don't know for sure. Take a look at the Gearslutz Low Latency Database - it should give you a clue as to the fastest interfaces. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/musi...data-base.html

Comment

As previously said, use the focusrite, it was made for low latency audio. The macbook sound interface is a generic one and not meant to be used for music production.

Select the focusrite drivers in your daw.

Comment

I have multiple Focusrite audio; and a Scarlett 18i20 2nd gen.(212 etc all are otherwise alike) Make sure you update your drivers, as they've been fixing them regularly (but keep all versions in case a rollback is better). It also depends of you use USB or Thunderbolt, both are supported, both are fast. Still 3-4ms in/out is about top notch. 5ms is common w/a fast pc.

My Waves SoundGrid get it very low for their plugins, but unsure of there audii interfaces in that mix without/the 18i20 or Fireface RME in the chain. WSG ethernet is mainly for their plugins.

My PC is a custom beast & my RME Fireface (PCIe) is very fast, but depending which DAW & settings (of course) these can be optimized in Audio Scheme. As far as Cubase Pro 10+ the audio scheme in Studio is a useful tool & no golden rule applies to all of us; update 10+ too... it's about trying combos & measuring results. Message me for specifics or reply.
                          Last edited by Kerry Dixon; 07-31-20, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I connected the module to this hub , because of my mac usb-c inputs
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X