Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recording with TD27

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Recording with TD27

    Hey I’ll try to keep this as brief as possible :
    I want to multi track record Drums.
    I’m totally new to DAW and MIDI ( I’ve recorded plenty in the past but all acoustic drums Into standalone recorders.)
    I’m using TD27
    ​​​​​​ STUDIO 1 4
    audio box
    MacBook Air
    I’ve managed to record a stereo drum track using the td27 master outs, but obviously that’s not ideal for mixing or editing, so...
    can anyone please advise?
    Tia

    (I know there’s loads of videos available on this kinda stuff, but seems very little relating specifically for the td27 with studio 1)
    Last edited by Markconnor; 05-27-20, 07:20 PM.

  • #2
    Hey! I'll basically have the exact same setup as you, just a different audio interface and a MacBook pro. My TD-27KV should arrive tomorrow! The video I linked is for the TD-50 but it should be similar, he's also not using studio 1. I'll keep you posted once I get mine all setup and going, sorry I couldn't help more.
     

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ElectronicTonic View Post
      Hey! I'll basically have the exact same setup as you, just a different audio interface and a MacBook pro. My TD-27KV should arrive tomorrow! The video I linked is for the TD-50 but it should be similar, he's also not using studio 1. I'll keep you posted once I get mine all setup and going, sorry I couldn't help more.
      Awesome! Unfortunately I don’t think it is that similar- but I would love to be wrong about that
      looking forward to hearing how you get on, thanks mate

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Markconnor View Post

        Awesome! Unfortunately I don’t think it is that similar- but I would love to be wrong about that
        looking forward to hearing how you get on, thanks mate
        I'll probably try it early next week. I got everything, but shipping messed up and didn't ship the Hi-Hat stand I ordered, I'm bummed. I did get most of it setup and tried Superior Drummer 3 for a bit, seems to work pretty good. I'll download the USB driver and try interfacing with the TD-27 soon.

        Comment


        • #5
          yeah, he needs to download the usb driver .. https://www.roland.com/global/suppor...dates_drivers/
          Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
            yeah, he needs to download the usb driver .. https://www.roland.com/global/suppor...dates_drivers/
            I’m sure I did already

            Comment


            • #7
              Update: I installed the USB driver and followed the included instructions, pretty straight forward. Then I followed the instructions on pg 57 of the reference manual. Opened up Studio One select "preferences" then went to audio, selected the TD-27 as input device and my interface as output. Started a new song, added a track and the TD-27 is now acting as a mixer. You can look at pg 57 in the reference manual for a list of what tracks correlate to what drum.
              Just let me know if you run into any issues and I'll be happy to help.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ElectronicTonic View Post
                Update: I installed the USB driver and followed the included instructions, pretty straight forward. Then I followed the instructions on pg 57 of the reference manual. Opened up Studio One select "preferences" then went to audio, selected the TD-27 as input device and my interface as output. Started a new song, added a track and the TD-27 is now acting as a mixer. You can look at pg 57 in the reference manual for a list of what tracks correlate to what drum.
                Just let me know if you run into any issues and I'll be happy to help.
                Thanks mate I’ll try that!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ElectronicTonic View Post
                  Update: I installed the USB driver and followed the included instructions, pretty straight forward. Then I followed the instructions on pg 57 of the reference manual. Opened up Studio One select "preferences" then went to audio, selected the TD-27 as input device and my interface as output. Started a new song, added a track and the TD-27 is now acting as a mixer. You can look at pg 57 in the reference manual for a list of what tracks correlate to what drum.
                  Just let me know if you run into any issues and I'll be happy to help.
                  I’ve got no idea what I’m doing - I’ve done everything you’ve said there I think - the best result I’ve had is the snare registers on every track I create - if the td27 outputs 28 channels surely it should register in studio one as 28 inputs?
                  Not 1 stereo input and 2 mono that all seem to receive the same sound as each other?
                  Send help pls lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I can look tomorrow and give you step by step instructions. Just make sure that you have the USB driver installed and the TD-27 USB output is set to "vender". FYI, when I installed the USB driver I had to go into my privacy settings and allow Roland access.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ElectronicTonic View Post
                      I can look tomorrow and give you step by step instructions. Just make sure that you have the USB driver installed and the TD-27 USB output is set to "vender". FYI, when I installed the USB driver I had to go into my privacy settings and allow Roland access.
                      Awesome can’t thank you enough

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Markconnor View Post

                        Awesome can’t thank you enough
                        No problem, happy to help. Just make sure you have those first 2 steps done and I'll post the studio 1 steps.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Found this link, it basically walks you through it too. Just scroll down to recording with USB section. If you still have issues, just let me know.
                          Recording electronic drums is simple when compared to recording acoustic drums. Find out the best and easiest way to record your TD-27 V-Drums.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ElectronicTonic View Post
                            Found this link, it basically walks you through it too. Just scroll down to recording with USB section. If you still have issues, just let me know.
                            Thank you I’ll check that out!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Markconnor View Post

                              Thank you I’ll check that out!
                              Did you get it to work? If not, I can still give you a step by step for Studio One.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X