How to connect to keyboard and mic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect to keyboard and mic?

I want to practice with a group of friends, a keyboard player and a singer. My question is how do we all connect? So we can play via our headphones if that makes sense? I have a Roland TD17KVX. Thanks in advance

Loads of ways.

All into a mixer and a Behringer HA400 headphone amp,

PA system.

Roland Session Mixer https://www.roland.com/uk/products/hs-5/

Yamaha SessionCakes - one per person....

etc etc
    Last edited by electrodrummer; 12-22-19, 12:26 AM.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Thanks for the response, I want it to be headphones, will have a look at your suggestions

Comment

I have a zoom livetrack l20. This has 7 headphone outputs and the whole band can set there own mix levels. If you all have an iPad each member can set theirs by themselves. Might be a bit expensive but they also do a l12. Both also record full multitrack to SD card.

if a tight budget then a behringer desk and a multi headphone amp will do. Behringer do them also.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
          I have a zoom livetrack l20. This has 7 headphone outputs and the whole band can set there own mix levels. If you all have an iPad each member can set theirs by themselves. Might be a bit expensive but they also do a l12. Both also record full multitrack to SD card.

if a tight budget then a behringer desk and a multi headphone amp will do. Behringer do them also.
          With the micro amp it has only one input, how do we all connect together?

Comment

The micro amp is a headphone repeater. You would feed it from the headphone output I’d a mixing desk. A mixing desk is a must for what you want to do. The only problem with this and a cheap mixing desk is you all get the same mix. If you want different mixes then you need to get something with multiple outputs or like the desk I suggested. A Behringer 801 mixer is really cheap plus the micro amp will allow you all to plug into the mixer. The mixer then goes to the micro amp and you can plug your headphones into that.

you haven’t said how much you want to spend so the Behringer route is a cheap option and the live track not so cheap. I’m sure others will direct you to the many options out there.
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Is there anything via a computer to do the job?

Comment

You would still need an audio interface that has enough inputs and enough outputs. Some audio cards come with their own utility allowing you to creat different mixes. I have a friend who has Scarlett 18i I think but it doesn’t have multiple headphone out just multiple outs. You haven’t mentioned a budget yet which makes it really hard to point you in the right direction. The L-20 I have does all you have asked for but could be totally overkill.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, i was hoping to sort this for very little money but understand I am maybe very wrong. Someone with a keyboard asked if we could practice together, not for anything as such.

Comment

The behringer option is by far the cheapest. The mixer and headphone amp are really cheap and would do the job.

Comment

Cheapest option would be: keyboard (phone) out to mix in on the TD 17. You would only need a headphone splitter and a jackcable. Do the vocal without a mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Honeybee View Post
                        Thanks for your reply, i was hoping to sort this for very little money but understand I am maybe very wrong. Someone with a keyboard asked if we could practice together, not for anything as such.

(a) What's "very little money" In numbers. With currency.
                        (b) where are you (may be answered in (a) )
                        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post

(a) What's "very little money" In numbers. With currency.
                          (b) where are you (may be answered in (a) )
                          About 2.5 million VND, if that answers your question

need to buy a proper amp which will be expensive I know but wanted the ability to connect in practice in the meantime

Comment

Originally posted by Honeybee View Post

About 2.5 million VND, if that answers your question

need to buy a proper amp which will be expensive I know but wanted the ability to connect in practice in the meantime
                            OK - so Vietnam. About $100 / 80

So - I repeat what I said way up there ---^

"All into a mixer and a Behringer HA400 headphone amp,"

Now - I can only give UK pricing, and I don't know what availability will be like where you are, but let's work an example:

Behringer HA400 = 18.
                            So we have about 60 for a mixer.
                            So, plenty of choice at the price e.g. the 58 12 channel Behringer https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-1.../dp/B000J5Y282

Job done. That will allow up to to 5 people to practice using headphones for your budget. (four headphones into the HA400, one into the mixer)

Obs could save money by buying a smaller mixer with less channels.

Comment

Don't forget you will need all the Headphones
                              Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB mem - Universal Audio Arrow audio interfac - Superior Drummer 3 - Logic x

Comment

Working...
                              X