Question about Recording V-Drums Direct Out into Hard disk Recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Recording V-Drums Direct Out into Hard disk Recorder

I am doing some drum overdubs. My drummer has the TD-10 Roland brain. We are recording onto an Alesis HD24 hard disk recorder. It has 1/4" unbalanced inputs on it. The TD-10 brain only has 4 outputs. Can we go straight from the outputs of the TD-10 into our Alesis HD24 hard disk recorder or do we need to run the signal through some type of preamplfication?

My drummer said that each output has a level control on it, so I am assuming we can just set the record level on the multitrack with the fader on the TD-10. Does this sound right? Also, even if it works, is it gonna sound bad just coming straight into multitrack? Would it benefit significantly going through a decent preamp? Thanks

Just run in at line level, and you'll be fine. Watch your levels out of the module before you plug up. Assuming it's all running at line level, it should be plug 'n record.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

".Can we go straight from the outputs of the TD-10 into our Alesis HD24"

Yes.
      *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Working...
      X