Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countdown

Is there something I can use to countdown to the start of a song? For instance, the Yamaha Rec n Share app can countdown to start a song at that songs tempo before the song starts but I think that is only for the EAD10.

There are a couple of songs I would like to cover but they have drums that are solo at the very beginning and I'd like to have something that lets me know when the music will start.

Thank you
    Yamaha DTX502 module, mapex piccolo snare, 10" and 12" vintage Tama Superstar toms, 16" no name blue sparkle floor tom (from my first kit in 1979 resurrected from the attic) Triggera Intriggs on snare and two mounted toms, Roland RT-10 on floor tom, two Kriggs, Yamaha RH135, pcy135, and pcy155

Dump the song into a sequencer / DAW / whatever the cool kids call it these days. Shove the audio along a couple of measures. Drop a click of choice on an extra track on the first two measures, e.g. a MIDI track with sticks noise...

z36SBR.png
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

That’s what I do. I can’t think of another way of doing this
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
        Dump the song into a sequencer / DAW / whatever the cool kids call it these days. Shove the audio along a couple of measures. Drop a click of choice on an extra track on the first two measures, e.g. a MIDI track with sticks noise...

I started to do this also if I want to recored, or record and video.
        Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB mem - Universal Audio Arrow audio interfac - Superior Drummer 3 - Logic x

Comment

OK, thank you! I thought there might be a "DAW" answer involved.
          Yamaha DTX502 module, mapex piccolo snare, 10" and 12" vintage Tama Superstar toms, 16" no name blue sparkle floor tom (from my first kit in 1979 resurrected from the attic) Triggera Intriggs on snare and two mounted toms, Roland RT-10 on floor tom, two Kriggs, Yamaha RH135, pcy135, and pcy155

Comment

Working...
          X