Mimic Pro with Touchmix16 - Matching live sound to the recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mimic Pro with Touchmix16 - Matching live sound to the recording

Any advice here from MP & Touchmix users.

I am running MP with a TM16. When recording myself or group in the TM16, the playback is very rich and robust.
    However, the live output during the recording is sedate. Especially the drums; the punch isn't there.

Here is how I set up the TM16: everything is muted and faders all down. Trim is set for each instrument to the point they just begin to clip and then I pull the trim back a bit. I un-mute and turn the faders up. There are no effects on the instruments except a dense reverb on the sax.

On the MP I have tried using Master Monitor and Headphone monitor mixes as my output. I thought perhaps the headphone mix would be similar to what is heard in actual headphones.

How do I achieve the recorded sound in the live mix? If screenshots or more info required, I can do that!

Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by Six; 09-08-19, 03:01 PM.

Any help on this one?

Comment

Are you playing back the recording through your PA? I have both and there is no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
        Are you playing back the recording through your PA? I have both and there is no issue.
        Hey Peter. Yes, I am. It is a significant volume difference. We record. then go to playback, set track and play. No adjustments to any levels and the playback is always louder (not clipping) and more vibrant.

Comment

It sounds like the playback is just louder. I would turn up the PA speakers themselves if possible while performing and just turn down the playback levels. There may be a setting in there.

Comment

Working...
          X