Mixing Logic Pro X - EZ Drummer 2 VDrums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing Logic Pro X - EZ Drummer 2 VDrums

I searched and couldn't find anything on this?

MBP ... Using the latest Logic. Playing into Logic with TD11 KV triggering EZ Drummer 2. All well and dandy and for anyone shy on the EZD acquisition? It is lovely - took NO TIME to figure out and customize. Also was worried as this is an older MAC and only 8GIG of RAM - so far so good - but will want to get a faster Mac eventually. I am going into older tunes I have played on/written/recorded and released.

I am doing tests:

Stereo EZD vs Multi Output. And using the EZD mixer vs the Logic Mixer

My bias would be to use the Logic mixing capabilities

So I am testing:

Multi Output:
    as flat as possible no effects from EZD
    some effects from EZD
    sorta lots of effects from EZD (depending on the tune. OR NOT!!! LOL)

Stereo
    - flat (as possible!) and split the drums by midi notes into sep channels on Logic
    - or use the EZD mixer and effects and use as a submix into the Logic for mastering

So far no preference ... but it is early and the test may NOT be done right. I am replacing Logic, Battery 3 & 4, BFD and audio recorded from VDrums (VEX) and dropping in EZD - so, there alone is a huge difference!

I probably need to do something new - and without any previous drum sounds do the tests.

Thoughts?????
    Mac Book Pro - CatalinaLogic Pro X with Alesis VI 49 Keyboard, Zendrum, TD 11KV, V Expressions, Native Instruments - Battery 3 & 4, BFD, EZ Drummer, EZ Bass, Aubit Samples.

Just as an FYI ... I have been using the EZ Drummer 2 now for a while and just grabbed the LAtin Percussion pack

DO NOT EVEN BOTHER!!!!!!!!!!

Onboard Logic percussion are betterso are NAtive Instruments

The sounds are weak not anywhere near enough drum samples and they are all mapped for keyboard - have no relationship to Zendrum nor V-Drums.

Take a pass!
    Mac Book Pro - CatalinaLogic Pro X with Alesis VI 49 Keyboard, Zendrum, TD 11KV, V Expressions, Native Instruments - Battery 3 & 4, BFD, EZ Drummer, EZ Bass, Aubit Samples.

Comment

Ez drummer is good but doesn’t have the mapping of SD3 or SD2. I’ve used the percussion pack and it’s ok for general stuff. I mapped mine to the td30 kit no problem in SD2 and now 3. For me the next step is the orchestral SDX which should be a big improvement. As you say though probably not worth buying if the onboard sounds are as good if not better. I got mine years ago as a beta tester and it was definitely better than what you got onboard then. I’m trying out between SD3 onboard processing and Cubase. I quite like the drum orientated processing in SD3 and I can still send into multi outs.
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Agreed completely

As I was heading to bed last night I was thinking I will do a couple of user kits using the congas bongos and timbales where the toms and snares are - save em and should work - don't see what it wouldn't??? And I don't see why I should be drumming before my second cup of coffee!!!

LOL

Comment

Further to …

I tried what I thought would work – make a kit out of the Latin Percussion instruments

No can do.

I can use the LP cymbals and there are a couple I like that I will incorporate into my EZ Drums sets – but for $53 bux – expensive add ons.

I tried!

Comment

FURTHER TO!!!!!!

Just grabbed the EZD snare & bass pack.

This is their Gold Medal for us drummers.

Amazing It’s like Omnisphere for us kit players!

Very tasty!!!

They have made up for the Latin Percussion pack…LOL! And are now back in my good graces!

And they included 3 of my acoustic snare drums I own. Many thanks. (Radio King, Ludwig 402 and Gretsch!)

So perfect. This frees up time a real drummer! And the unlimited combinations. All in one (ish) panel!!!!

Kudos!

And they all sound GREAT!!!!!!

Comment

A further to the further tos....

Just picked up a new old MAc - I had been working on a 2010 MBP - all fine and dandy - It made me a LOT of di re me!!! Great old machine

Have a 2015 MBO 2.8 16 gig 4 - core.

WOW........

This lil guy is FAST!!!!!

And diggig Logic 10.5

Comment

Working...
              X