Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording with Roland 9 kx2

Hello guys,

As i mencioned on topic, id like to some help cause im kinda newbie on e-drums. I recently purchased a Roland Td 9 Kx2 and i dont know to to conect it to my computer to record. I already read and some uses recomend using a midi-usb cable, like the link i attach on post. However my module has a usb entry, so can i contect it direct to pc? Or really need that usb In-Out Midi cable?
    Other question is, how can i transport the " Quick Record" sound to computer?

Thanks,
    André

Since the USB is there only for the external memory sticks, the only way to record is to use the mentioned USB-MIDI cable to record MIDI performance (so no audio), or to hook up the master output to a soundcard and record the stereo signal... You can also do both if you want, but the 'quick record' is only for use within the module.
    °•A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•°
    °•Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•°
    °•Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•°

Comment

Thansk Milos appreciate your response

Comment

Also, stay away from cheap $10 cables. You might get lucky and get an ok cable, but more often than not, they have triggering issues. Buy either a Roland or Yamaha cable and take the guessing or troubleshooting out of the way.

I bought a cheap cheap one that didn't work. Then I "upgraded" to the M-Audio and had all sorts of triggering issues... Finally got the Yamaha and it was perfect.

Save you the trouble....
        Last edited by perceval; 02-24-19, 12:09 AM.
        DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
          Also, stay away from cheap $10 cables. You might get lucky and get an ok cable, but more often than not, they have triggering issues. Buy either a Roland or Yamaha cable and take the guessing or troubleshooting out of the way.

I bought a cheap cheap one that didn't work. Then I "upgraded" to the M-Audio and had all sorts of triggering issues... Finally got the Yamaha and it was perfect.

Save you the trouble....
          Thanks for the advice

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X