Record audio and video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record audio and video

Long time looking her but just joined. A couple years back I bought a exit. I have it connect to a laptop with a VST. I then run it to a mixer where it have music also to practice to. Tracks with and without drums. I wanted to be able to capture both the audio and video to use as a tool for me to see and hear what Im doing and if its correct. I saw something on the web in another forum about using a IRig device that allows you to bring the audio on from the mixer and connects to an phone of tablet and it will record the audio and video in one swoop if you will. Im not sure if this will work and wondered what some of you have done possibly that worked. Thanks in advance for your time and info.

'exit' probably means e-kit? About the iRig, it should work as a soundcard for the smartphone or a tablet, but recording audio and video is up to the app you're using. Should be possible to manage with a decent audio/video recorder app. Any hardware video recorder (camera, camcorder, action cam) with an audio input should also do the job.
    •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
    •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
    •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Definitely sounds possible with the iRig, though I have no experience. I have always had to manual sync audio from my e drum kit to my DSLR camera footage. It's a pain, but can be done without too much fuss. I'll bet there has to be some sort of solution out there now for this.

Comment

Roland Go mixer pro should be a solid one paired with a decent smartphone. I've also only made separate recordings and had to sync, but this kind of mixer is made for what you need.
        •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
        •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
        •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

I have a zoom q2n. I have an mp3 player plugged into a mixer. I have my drum module plugged into the mixer. I have a cable with two males on one end going into L and R out on the mixer and one male on the other end going into the Q2n.

I'm sure it would work with any camera with a mic imput.
          Yamaha DTX502 module, mapex piccolo snare, 10" and 12" vintage Tama Superstar toms, 16" no name blue sparkle floor tom (from my first kit in 1979 resurrected from the attic) Triggera Intriggs on snare and two mounted toms, Roland RT-10 on floor tom, two Kriggs, Yamaha RH135, pcy135, and pcy155

Comment

Working...
          X