Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asio driver issue with Ezdrummer and Windows 10

Hey All
    I am really stuck on something and hoping someone might help. I have a Surface Book 1 (i7, 16GB Ram, 512SSD) and am using it to record tracks directly into toontracks Ezdrummer just for fun and practice etc. I optimised the Surface based for audio and downloaded the Asio driver to reduce latency. When I select the Asio4All driver in Ezdrummer I lose all sound from headphones and speakers. Nothing... Nada.... Split! As soon as I switch back to the windows sound drivers I'm good but the latency is woeful. It's very odd! For additional detail I'm using an Atv Ad5 kit for triggering. Any idea why I'm losing sound like this from the headphone and/or on board speakers?
    Really appreciate any steer. Going bald quicker than I'd planned trying to sort this!! If I don't find an answer I'll give up and go To Mac.

I don’t know what the ASIO4ALL problem is as I just put it on my sons pc and it works well. I certainly wouldn’t give up. It would be cheaper to buy an audio interface than move to Mac especially since people with them still suffer problems with the internal audio. There are loads of cheap audio interfaces out there with low latency that will sound better than the onboard sound.

Just a thought. When opening ezdrummer does ASIO4ALL appear in the bottom right and can you open its control panel?
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
    X