New DAW recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkok View Post
    Reaper is a really good program and works well. If I hadnít have been using Cubase for 30 years then I would probably go this route. If you donít mind spending and you want to collaborate over distance then Cubase has some great features where you can share projects online from within Cubase. I have used this with the band I am in and it works great. You both update the project and the parts will get copied over to the other persons Cubase you are collaborating with.
    I use and love Cubase, as well. On 10 currently. It is a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it. I have seen videos of Reaper and it does seem to be a very great DAW.

Speaking of the online project sharing feature, I've never tried it. Does it update in real time? Sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by seanmichaels View Post

I use and love Cubase, as well. On 10 currently. It is a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it. I have seen videos of Reaper and it does seem to be a very great DAW.

Speaking of the online project sharing feature, I've never tried it. Does it update in real time? Sounds awesome.
      There are two different online modules in cubase. The one we use is not realtime. My friend can make a project available to me by uploading it. It changes the audio files to flac which is lossless compression. I can then download it an add my parts and update. He can then update and get my parts. All of this is done within Cubase. Iím not sure how the other feature works but it has a subscription cost.
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Mixbus is on sale at $39 right now... that's really cheap.
        DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Where do you see that? I see $79.

edit: Nevermind.
          Alan
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X