Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel when an engineer replaces your drum sound?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for the input and advice.

I think we got it all straitened out, and it turns out he was not replacing my drums in final mix.

As for the OH and Amb tracks from SSD3. He is simulating a room that incorporates both SD3 and TD50 tracks. I am using HH, Ride and Cymbals from the TD50 and using Snare and Toms from SD3. The kick is about 90% SD3 and 10% TD50 for added attack. I just tracked our 3rd song and I am much happier with the sound I'm getting compared to the first 2.

All we really needed to do was communicate.

Edrums are great but man is it easy to obsess over the sound. I don't recall being this way with my acoustics, I tuned them and muffled them a bit, but they pretty much sounded the way they were going to sound.
    Last edited by vChip; 07-09-18, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vChip View Post
      Edrums are great but man is it easy to obsess over the sound. I don't recall being this way with my acoustics, I tuned them and muffled them a bit, but they pretty much sounded the way they were going to sound.
      Recording and mixing acoustic drums is an art for itself that got quite dummed down with growing e drums and drum replacement use. Granted, the realism and quality of the latter has stepped up to par with acoustics in some genres, but I still feel that everyone got a bit too lazy with these 21st century wonders. It takes skill and knowledge to make drums sound good in a mix be it vst, e drum or acoustic based.
      •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
      •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
      •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Working...
      X