Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-12 - Eleven Rack - SD3 set up question

Greetings

Out of town for a few more days and just thinking about this I have an old TD-12 and was hoping to record some live drums in to Pro Tools and wanted to make sure I am on track and fouand this forum. I was going to connect midi out on the TD-12 to midi in on the Eleven Rack. Then USB out to iMac with Superior Drums 3. Does this sound right and be able to record with the SD sounds without latency? If not what am I missing? I also presume I will have to monitor from Eleven Rack Headphone jack?

Much thanks!

This is pretty much how I trigger SD3 from my TD-12. The only difference is that I go MIDI IN to a different audio interface (Presonus Firebox) and that goes firewire in to my desktop running SD3 within Cubase. I monitor via the headphone output of the Firebox interface. The latency (2-4ms) isn't noticeable to me. I love it!

TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Bakerboy I've been reading myself in to a coma about all of that and I happy to hear I am on the right track. Will see when I actually get it all connected this weekend!

Comment

Working...
      X