Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Studio, best setup for TD-25K hi-hat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Studio, best setup for TD-25K hi-hat?

I'm switching to electronic drums for recording due to space and have hit a few snags researching the mapping of my hi-hat specifically. It seems the hi-hat doesn't register in all positions in the tutorial I found for Logic Pro X, which is the program I would like to purchase. Specifically, when the hi hat is half open vs, hushing it. Is there a tutorial somewhere that describes how to map the MIDI hi-hat so that is responds like it does through the TD25K module? I tried to set it up in garageband, but it seems limited in this feature. I'm learning a little about cc4, but I'm still a little cloudy on it and where its actually located.
    Maybe I need to look at another DAW?
    I'm also looking at Kurt Ballou's Signature drum pack from Room Sound that comes with Kontakt Player. Maybe I could start with that and see if it maps the hi-hat correctly?

You may need to get a plugin like SD2/3 EZDrummer, BFD, Slate drums. All these map the hi hats correctly
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD2 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits.

Comment

Working...
    X