Unable to play back a file from USB to TD30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to play back a file from USB to TD30

Working on a song where my friend recorded the guitar tracks on Cubase. He emailed it to me (MP3) and I loaded on the USB and it would not play back on the TD30. I did a little reading and it was suggesting that this can be a problem with DAW files as they contain "tags" and that it needed to be converted to FLAC format, which I did and it still doesn't play. I read a bit more and this particular file has a 543 kbps bit rate and I believe that is over what the TD30 can handle. I am not very computer literate so anybody that might know how I can get this to play through the TD30, I would be most grateful.

Thanks
    Paul

Manual doesn't mention FLAC files - so I don't know where you got that from!

From the manual:

Audio files that can be played

MP3
    Sampling frequency 44.1 kHz
    Bit rate 64 kbps-320 kbps

WAV
    Sampling frequency 44.1 kHz
    Bit rate 8, 16, 24-bit
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    DTX modules. Roland TM-2, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Loads o' synth modules. And...a ukulele or three.

Comment

Would using something like Audacity be helpful to convert his file into the requirements for the TD-30?

Comment

Thanks Electrodrummer here is where I read about the FLAC file, https://www.rolandus.com/support/kno...base/205132375
        I had my friend reduce the bit rate but same problem, the brain doesn't seem to recognize the file?

Macarina, tried this too....thanks...no luck though....

Comment

Your files I think must not exceed 8 character, cannot exceed more than 100 song per usb, also convert to wave 16bit 44.1 KHZ, than check the files again if it is really this format, sometime files in folder is set as read only and don't write to newest change from the source files.
          Last edited by Chris K; 06-16-17, 12:22 AM.
          [www.mimicpro.com ][ www.dwdrums.com ] [www.zildjian.com]

Comment

Working...
          X