Adjusting headphone volume when using ASIO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting headphone volume when using ASIO

I have recently installed Superior drummer with Toontrack Solo. I use it with my TD-12 module and my pc with a soundcard (Asus). Latency is really ok but I can't anymore control my headphone volume with the Windows volume icon (near the windows clock). I also don't hear other media, for example if I want to play drum on a song on my computer or maybe youtube, etc.

I am new to use these programs. I have found tutorial at Groove3 and some other on youtube, but they don't discuss little things like that. And this is really anoying. If I raise the master volume, all go in the red in the channel bars.

Is there a way to adjust the volume of my headphone only ? And how do people to jam on music if we can not hear and adjust volume of media ?
    TD-12, A2E drum, R-Drum trigger (snare and kick), Triggera Intrigg (toms), Drum-tec Design,, Roland & Yamaha cymbals, Roc-N-Soc Nitro, Pearl Eliminator Redline (+ Trick drive shaft) / PC : Asus P8Z68, I5 2550K, 8 Go ram, RME HDSP 9632 interface.

No one ?
    TD-12, A2E drum, R-Drum trigger (snare and kick), Triggera Intrigg (toms), Drum-tec Design,, Roland & Yamaha cymbals, Roc-N-Soc Nitro, Pearl Eliminator Redline (+ Trick drive shaft) / PC : Asus P8Z68, I5 2550K, 8 Go ram, RME HDSP 9632 interface.

Comment

Hey,

I think that your description of the problem is so unprecise that no one bothers speculating?

How is the headphone connected? How is the kit connected? And why canīt you adjust the volume of what media? Played via windows media player or what? Did the media player volume control really disappear? That would be really unexpected and has most probably nothing to do with sd2.

kr

Tim

Comment

Asio bypass the sound control of Windows, so it's normal that I can't use it. And apparently on PC (Windows) with ASIO, we can't hear anything that is not play with ASIO (mediaplayer, youtube, etc). The song I want to play along must be put in the daw too, so everything is run with asio (to have lowlatency when playing e-drum)

So there is no volume control anywhere but in Solo/SD2 (the windows mixer has no effect when using asio). And if I raise the volume in SD2 the signal peak in the red and don"t sound good anymore. It's like if I need an external volume control, something that don't raise the level in SD2 but only he "final volume in my headphone".

My headphone is connected to the headphone out of my internal pci-e soudcard (Asus).

How does people control the sound volume of their headphones ? Are they using an external soundcard with maybe an headphone amp and volume control. Or is it my internal soundcard that lacks volume control feature when using ASIO ?

What is the gear you use ?

It's not in the manual of SD2 or Solo. They jut say to use a soundcard with Asio, which I have.

ps: My kit is connected with Roland Um-one MK2.
        Last edited by Kaerio; 04-23-17, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Hey,

sorry! I am writing an asio driver right now, with asio meaning something totally different. So I was heavily misled. My mistake.

Kr
          timm

Comment

No problem At least it's maybe better explained now for other people to help me

Comment

Hey,

I stumbled over something that might be useful for you albeit not for your main problem.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/asiowmpplg/

Is a mediaplayer asio plugin, so you could use mediaplayer for playback of your song.

kr

Timm

Comment

Thanks There is also foobar and winamp that do that.

For my problem, I have follow the good advice of Ribot and I am gong to get a RME pci interface (2nd hand in my case).

Comment

Working...
                X