Looking for simple way to record drum covers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for simple way to record drum covers

I don't know how to use recording software well ,i can get it to rec but when it comes to things like editing etc. I just can't do it so rec drums and video separate and mixing together later is not an option for me cause i wouldn't even know where to begin. What i'm looking to be able to do is sit down at my drums hit rec and go and get video and audio at the same time and be able to stream live if i want.

I have a pretty good laptop and i own a mixer if needed ,i don't have a video camera yet cause i don't know what kind to get yet ,maybe a go pro idk yet.

Has anyone ever streamed live drum covers before with an ekit and if so how did you do it and what did you use?
    updated td9 brain,vh11, cy12c/r, cy15r, cy13c/r, axis long boards double pedal,pearl export drum shells with roland mesh heads,ddrum trigger on floor tom & roland rt30k trigger on kick drum,quartz trigger harness in upper toms and snare

Well i ordered 1080p webcam and am just going to use that for video and run my td 9 either into my laptops mic input or through my mixer and then to my laptop and hopefully i'll be able to rec audio and video at the same time so if you see and drum cover videos from me in the future you'll know i got it working
    updated td9 brain,vh11, cy12c/r, cy15r, cy13c/r, axis long boards double pedal,pearl export drum shells with roland mesh heads,ddrum trigger on floor tom & roland rt30k trigger on kick drum,quartz trigger harness in upper toms and snare

Comment

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your results since I'm in the same situation.

Comment

UPDATE So i got myself a 1080p webcam and am using wmm and that works well ,the problem i have is my stupid laptop has 1 input for mic and headphones,i tried a cable that was supposed to separate them but it didn't work so i plugged in my mixer i had already and that worked BUT it causes hums and my drums sound like crap through it and i get insane hotspotting on my snare when i go through the mixer so for now i have hit a wall and have come to the conclusion that i just have to get another pc that has a separate mic input cause the mixer is turning out to be a nightmare.

So thats where i'm at right now

Comment

Originally posted by demonocus View Post
          UPDATE So i got myself a 1080p webcam and am using wmm and that works well ,the problem i have is my stupid laptop has 1 input for mic and headphones,i tried a cable that was supposed to separate them but it didn't work so i plugged in my mixer i had already and that worked BUT it causes hums and my drums sound like crap through it and i get insane hotspotting on my snare when i go through the mixer so for now i have hit a wall and have come to the conclusion that i just have to get another pc that has a separate mic input cause the mixer is turning out to be a nightmare.

So thats where i'm at right now
          What mixer are you using?
          I had a small hum with my Behringer but my Yamaha is fine.
          Turned out to be a usb connection to mixer, took it loose and all clear.
          "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post

What mixer are you using?
            I had a small hum with my Behringer but my Yamaha is fine.
            Turned out to be a usb connection to mixer, took it loose and all clear.
            Behringer mixer

Comment

Originally posted by demonocus View Post

Behringer mixer
              Yep, kind of thought so.
              If you have USB connected try it without and see if it works for you.
              Mine was X1832 I still use it in my office but my Yamaha MG20XU gets all the glory in my studio.
              "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post

Yep, kind of thought so.
                If you have USB connected try it without and see if it works for you.
                Mine was X1832 I still use it in my office but my Yamaha MG20XU gets all the glory in my studio.
                Have to use usb to connect to my lap top ,if my laptop had a normal mic input i would just skip the mixer and go straight into the laptop through the mic input.

Comment

UPDATE got my mixer working so so using windows movie maker (can't get it to go wide screen for some reason) anyway here is a drum cover to show where i'm at so far with recording

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7kX...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Killer double bass work!
                    Main: TD-30, PD-128-BC, PDX-100 (x4), CY-5 (x2), CY-15R, CY-14C (x2), CY-12C (x2), CY-8, KT-10 (x2), FD-9, BT-1 (x5), SPD-SX, Gibraltar GCS-ERK, QSC K10, Bose QC35, Red Roc-N-Soc Nitro
                    Mini: TD-11, PD-85 (x4), CY-5 (x2), CY-8, CY-13R, KT-10 (x2), FD-9, MDS-TDKP1 folding rack

Comment

Man, I thought we talked about this before... another thread? Maybe it was another forum?

Anyway, maybe's Justin's (65 Drums) approach is what your looking for?

and his comments...
                      Check out the [Rode Microphones SC4 3.5mm TRS to TRRS Adaptor] for your DSLR camera. I can't promise that this works 100% because I haven't tried it personally, but it should.

If you are wondering how to easily record your electronic drums, this is the video to watch. What I use is called iRig. I plug straight into my iphone, and I get incredibly nice sound without much effort at all. I don't have to sync the audio with the video afterward, so it saves me time as well. You could record straight into audacity via USB if that's what you want to do, or just send the midi data over to a program like EZdrummer 2, but again, recording with something like iRig is the way I do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Macarina View Post
                        Man, I thought we talked about this before... another thread? Maybe it was another forum?

Anyway, maybe's Justin's (65 Drums) approach is what your looking for?

and his comments...
                        Check out the [Rode Microphones SC4 3.5mm TRS to TRRS Adaptor] for your DSLR camera. I can't promise that this works 100% because I haven't tried it personally, but it should.

If you are wondering how to easily record your electronic drums, this is the video to watch. What I use is called iRig. I plug straight into my iphone, and I get incredibly nice sound without much effort at all. I don't have to sync the audio with the video afterward, so it saves me time as well. You could record straight into audacity via USB if that's what you want to do, or just send the midi data over to a program like EZdrummer 2, but again, recording with something like iRig is the way I do it.
                        I don't have apple stuff so irig won't work for me anyway the usb mixer i have seems to be working good ,still tweaking levels but its getting there. I have seen Justin's video been subbed to his youtube channel for quite awhile now ,he has lots of good info.

Comment

Getting very frustrated with recording ,so far the only program that gives me video and audio is windows movie maker ,the problem is the video quality is **** and it won't rec webcam video widescreen so i tried the logitech software that came with my camera ,that records nice 1080p widescreen video but won't rec sound from my mixer no matter what i do so its useless ,than i tried the windows 10 camera and that also gave me great video but again no sound so now i'm just bashing my head against the wall in frustration because nothing works.

If anyone knows a program that actually works and will let me rec sound from my mixer and video from my web cam please let me know what it is.

I thought about just getting a gopro but they don't have mic inputs anymore so again useless to me.

UPDATE:going to try out debut video software and see if that gets the job done
                          Last edited by demonocus; 04-13-17, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Could you not get a cheap camcorder and output from your module or mixer into the mic in on that? You could probably find one on EBay for cheap, just make sure it has a mic in. I use Cyberlink as my cheap video editor, works great. Very powerful for under 100 bucks and you might be able to get an older version for much less.
                            TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads - three rack toms, one floor, one kick with dual pedal, snare, three aux pads, three Gen16 crashes, one Gen16 Ride and Gen16 hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and The JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, http://bwajda12.wix.com/jamco

Comment

I am always recording the video stream and the sound streams as separate files...e.g. I am recording the video using a hdmi cam to its own memory and the sound on a Zoom HD2 to its internal memory...from the mixer.

I am then combining the sound and video files in Adobe Premiere Elements. It is not too hard to make them to sync. If I have more cams/cameras...these could also added to the "movie" :-).

One result: https://youtu.be/HzONoa1T5K0

best regards

Angr77 / www.zourman.com / Roland hi-hat conversion modules for 2box
                              Last edited by angr77; 04-17-17, 05:14 AM.
                              Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland , CY-14, 15R, 12CR, RT-10S&K, 2xBT-1, VH-11,-12,-13, KD-10, Quartz Triggers, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera 2x D14, D11, LectricMoo, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2Box 1.3.3, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, All ADpaks, Win10 on Microsoft Surface PRO 4, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH Conv Kit. www.zourman.com

Comment

Working...
                              X