Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha DTX 790 w/ Zildjian AE Rack and Extra Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha DTX 790 w/ Zildjian AE Rack and Extra Pads

Got a craving for the A's again, so I'm testing the waters. Low motivation to sell, but someone could get a good deal here. $3500 delivered in continental US.
    This is a mint DTX 790 that I upgraded the rack to a Zildjian AE tall rack on. I also added an extra XP100 tom, a PCY100 Cymbal Pad and all necessary hardware. Everything comes in original packing with all manuals. Consider this a brand new kit. It has a little over six months of warranty left on it. The Tama highhat stand in the picture is not included, but the original Yamaha one that came with the kit is. This is a steal. PM me if you are interested.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/71074...Xj6cv&lb=1&s=A

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/71074...NVjdx&lb=1&s=A
    Last edited by Jovato; 02-14-14, 05:58 PM.

I remember you posting on 2 box I guess this kit replaced your 2 box . Sounds to be a decent buy for somebody, all loaded up myself except for odds and ends but if I hear of anybody I will surely send them your way! What acoustic kit are you after. There are so many beauties out there, right?

Comment

Originally posted by hemiboy View Post
      I remember you posting on 2 box I guess this kit replaced your 2 box . Sounds to be a decent buy for somebody, all loaded up myself except for odds and ends but if I hear of anybody I will surely send them your way! What acoustic kit are you after. There are so many beauties out there, right?
      That's nice of you. I've tried to kick the acoustic bug about three times now, and can't ever seem to do it. If someone wants the Yammys for a fair price, I'm considering having JT Whitney build me another Nesting Penguin kit- this time with larger sizes. We'll see. I just lowered the price a touch, but that is about all this experiment is worth to me.

Comment

Honestly, I get more excited thinking about different acoustic cymbal possibilities.

Comment

You wrote "another Nesting Penguin" kit. Did you have one before? Care to ramble about it a little?
          Last edited by hairmetal-81; 02-20-14, 12:34 AM.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

• Jovato
            Jovato commented
            Editing a comment
            I have had two Nesting Penguin kits in the past. One had a 16" bass drum and the other had an 18" bass drum. I never should have sold the second one. The Whitney drums all sound larger than they are because the shells have almost a 2" larger diameter than the heads. They are also unbelievably lite. Because there are no lugs, a whole 4 piece kit stacked inside one case weighs less than a traditional 22" bass drum. J.T. Whitney has improved the mounting system quite a bit, but the price has gone up quite a bit as well. You can certainly find drums that sound as good as the Penguins for the money. However, you can't find a professional quality drum from anybobdy that is as easy to transport and sounds as good. Once you've tried them, you never quite get over being able to walk into a gig with all your drums in one case that is easy to carry. Well, you could if there was any compromise in the sound quality, but there isn't.

• hairmetal-81
            hairmetal-81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for this review! Very tempting...

Why not have both? I have sold a lot of E kits but never my A's. I like to get deals on used gear. I am using a stage custom birch kick and toms and then high end everything else. It is a good way to save money on a kit. The stage custom birch kick and toms sound pretty close to the birch absolute once you change all the heads top and bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
            Why not have both? I have sold a lot of E kits but never my A's. I like to get deals on used gear. I am using a stage custom birch kick and toms and then high end everything else. It is a good way to save money on a kit. The stage custom birch kick and toms sound pretty close to the birch absolute once you change all the heads top and bottom.
            It's a fair question. It's hard for me to justify multiple high-end kits, if I'm not playing out any more regularly than I am currently. I agree completely, that the stage custom birch is a fantastic option when you switch out the heads. I have owned one in the past. Unfortunately, I sold my cymbals in this last switcheroo. Still, I have found some pretty cool packs to try out. I am certainly not interested in giving the DTX kit away. Maybe I'll just hold onto it until I can add an inexpensive acoustic kit with some choice cymbals next year. Part of the appeal of going with Whitney drums again is that they are so damn lite and easy to transport.
            Last edited by Jovato; 02-24-14, 01:02 PM.

Comment

deleted....

Comment

Working...
              X