Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland TD-9 v2.0 For Sale $395 shipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-9 v2.0 For Sale $395 shipped

Hey all,

I have a TD-9 v2.0 for sale. Its in good shape, minor scratches in the plastic, but nothing drastic. If the light catches it just right you can see them. Otherwise it is clean. Great upgrade for TD-4, 6, 8, 10, and possibly some TD-12/20 users. I have loaded Guru's kits on to the module, but a factory reset will bring it back to its original settings.

I have only used the module for a few weeks and all works perfectly, but it just doesn't work for me when I have a TD-30 doing all the other sounds. I'm having too hard of a time blending the two together. This isn't a fault of the TD-9. I had the same problem with a TDW-20 as well. The sounds are just a bit too different between the two modules to sound 100% fluid between the two.

I will ship this anywhere within the continental US (that the 48 states that touch each other) for the asking price. For everyone else, I will have to calculate shipping and add to it. The v2.0 typically goes for about ~$450 on eBay, so I have my price set at $395 for the forum.

Let me know if you are interested.

-Tom

Edit: I have attached photos of the item.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tommy_D; 11-11-13, 11:33 PM. Reason: Added photos
    I think my work is done here.

Tommy,
    do you search for (or have already found) a second TD-30, then?
    Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I'm working on getting another TD-30. I have tried the TD-9/20/20X modules and I'm just having too hard of a time getting them all to play well together. They are easy to hook up and have them make sounds together, but each module tweaks the sounds differently and I just can seem to get the same feel between the two different modules. With a second TD-30 I can just copy all my Ambiance and Effects settings to each module and have them match perfectly.

Comment

I would call music123. I got mine for $1900.00 with a 1 yr warrenty from them. It was cheapest that I found out there. As soon as I sold the TD20x I jumped onto the additional TD 30. I hope it sells soon.
        Roland TD-30KV, Alesis Strike Pro Kit, Tama HW, QSC K10x2, Logic Pro, Toontrack Superior Drummer 3, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre Thunderbolt Interface

Comment

Hey Tommy, here's where I got mine. Ive attached the link for the TD30. I would just call them instead of purchasing through ebay.
          Roland TD-30 V-Drums Sound Module LN in Musical Instruments & Gear, Percussion, Drums | eBay
          Roland TD-30KV, Alesis Strike Pro Kit, Tama HW, QSC K10x2, Logic Pro, Toontrack Superior Drummer 3, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre Thunderbolt Interface

Comment

i got my TD30 module from RMC Audio, better price.

Comment

Couldn't you trigger the td30 sounds with the td9 through midi?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                Couldn't you trigger the td30 sounds with the td9 through midi?
                Does the TD-30 still have a percussion-set?

If 'yes', you could do trigger it from the TD-9 (in theory).
                In practice, since you would most likely lose 'V-Edit' by doing so on the percussion-set, this is somewhat pointless, I believe.
                Greetings from Switzerland,
                - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post

Does the TD-30 still have a percussion-set?

If 'yes', you could do trigger it from the TD-9 (in theory).
                  In practice, since you would most likely lose 'V-Edit' by doing so on the percussion-set, this is somewhat pointless, I believe.
                  Yes, the TD-30 has a percussion set. I could do the midi think with teh TD-9, but then I am limited to that percussion set, which dont have the sounds I want. I need more tom sounds, splashes, chinas, etc. Not bells, whistles, chimes or tambourines. I tried using the TD-9 for these extra sounds, but I am not finding them to blend well with my TD-30 sounds. Perhaps I tune my TD-30 to sound in such a way that the TD-9 can not replicate.

Anyway, back to the for sale ad, in case anyone was wondering, the TD-9 comes with the wiring harness, power cable, and the little post to attach it to the mount on your rack. The plastic rack mount thing does not come with this module, but if you are upgrading you will already have one of these from your previous module.

Comment

TD-9 is sold. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X