Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz (brand new)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz (brand new)

Price GREATLY reduced!

(photo courtesy of the Gretschdrums.com website - my digital camera is broken at the moment)

Brand new bop kit. I bought this thinking I could play it every now and then, but I can't due to my roommates who are always home. I would also return it to the online retailer I got it from, but can't since I destroyed the original boxes it came in.

Kit specs:
    kick - 14x18
    snare - 5x14
    rack tom - 8x12
    floor tom - 14x14

Evans Coated G1 heads on the toms and snare... double-ply Gretsch (Evans) head for the kick drum batter.

Kit sells brand new, everywhere, for $649 (that's for the shells ONLY, no hardware or cymbals). That is the price I just paid for mine. The kit is absolutely brand new. I'm asking only $400 firm.

Hardware included: I am including a PDP throne, Yamaha snare stand, and a Pearl bass pedal (ALL brand new).

I'm taking a $250 loss on this because I need to get rid of it ASAP. It is literally untouched. I only assembled it, just to look at it in my bedroom recording studio (since that's all I can do).

Pickup would be great (I'm in the Philly suburbs), but I can also ship via UPS Ground ($40 for east coasters, $65 for west coast people). Thanks for checking this ad out, and happy holidays!

PS - I also have a pair of Bosphorus Masters 13" Hi-Hats that I can sell in addition to the kit if you need some hi-hats... only $125 extra (they're $400 new, and nearly new condition). Photo below:

Last edited by bcmusic; 12-02-08, 08:19 AM. Reason: reduced price
    Toontrack Superior Drummer 3.0 / Reaper 5+6
    DIY hybrid kit (Sonor kit / Roland / Yamaha, DDT MS-140c snare, etc)
    Roland TD-9 / eDRUMin
    youtube.com/chriscauldermusic

That is such a cutie!

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

Thanks, Pasta!

I just reduced the price BIGTIME, and threw in some hardware... please help a poor musician out during this holiday season!
      Roland TD-9 / eDRUMin

Comment

Wow...wish I had seen this before I bought a new Ludwig jazz kit last week (which coincidentally I outfitted with Bosphorous crash & ride). I looked at a Gretsch shell kit, but got the Ludwig instead 'cause it came with hardware...

Would you be willing to sell the Bosphorous high hats separately? If so, I'll buy em.

Comment

How much without the pedal and throne? Are the shells maple?
          www.myspace.com/tongueingrooveTd 20 Purple Fade V Session Cy15, 2x Cy14, Cy8, Asi+ Crown k2 amps, BBE max. Legion 15's, Madison 18 subs, Tama,Yamaha hardware.
          Your never as good or bad as you think you are !

Comment

That's a good deal. I'll vouch for it.
            I bought one back in the spring and I love it. The shells are mahogany and the kit sounds great.
            I played a medium sized club recently with a house pa and sound guy. He couldn't stop talking about how good the kick was sounding. I didn't port it since it's so small. At sound check he said, "I was a little worried about the kick when I saw it wasn't ported but that little thing sounds incredible!" Then after the set, he couldn't stop stop talking about it.

The funny thing was the headliner had a 26" DW kick and my little 18" Gretsch got all the compliments

Easy Cheapo gig set:
            Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz, Mahogany; ultra portable 4 piece in custom DIY flame sparkle wrap.

Comment

Sold.... thanks for your interest! It is a damn good kit. I am going to buy one from Sigler Music in emerald green (custom) finish. I loved that wood color, though. Classy!

So you recommend not porting the Gretsch kit? I'll keep it unported if that's the case (when I get my new one, anyway).

-Chris
              Roland TD-9 / eDRUMin

Comment

Working...
              X