Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scam?!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam?!!!!

Hey - i've just found this and I'm pretty sure it's a scam, but thought I should get it proved by our professionals =)

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/862112824.html

I have seen that pic before of all the boxes. Maybe on ebay?

Looks like scam to me.
    Fufill your GAS problems here at my eBay store: Drums By DjPiLL

Check out my new Drum Outlet eBay Store for various CHEAP percussion hardware: DJ's Drum Outlet

Comment

Originally posted by DjPiLL View Post
      I have seen that pic before of all the boxes. Maybe on ebay?

Looks like scam to me.
      I emailed him. Im bored gonna have a little fun running him in circles. He will no doubt think I am the most incompatent person living on the face of the earth

Comment

$1850 for a TD20s with flight case is too good to be true. Most likely a scam, or this guy is really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
          $1850 for a TD20s with flight case is too good to be true. Most likely a scam, or this guy is really stupid.
          ...or pehaps an on edge stock broker???

(SCAM!!!!!)

E
          - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

I thought the point of craiglist is to buy stuff in person. How are they gonna scam you? All you have to do is go to the house and check out the product. If its not for real, you leave. But I would suggest bringin a friend along with you. Also, go to the bank and get the money after you verify the product. Its better not to cruise around town with that kinda cash just sittin in your pocket...... But who knows, ther are alot of @$$hole scammers floating around.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
              I thought the point of craiglist is to buy stuff in person. How are they gonna scam you? All you have to do is go to the house and check out the product. If its not for real, you leave. But I would suggest bringin a friend along with you. Also, go to the bank and get the money after you verify the product. Its better not to cruise around town with that kinda cash just sittin in your pocket...... But who knows, ther are alot of @$$hole scammers floating around.
              Pearl Mimic Pro
              PDA-120LS, 5 @ PDA-120L, 2 @ KT-10, CY-15R, 2 @ CY-14, 4 @ CY-12, VH-13, DW9500TB HH, MDS-12X rack hardware & mounts with longer tubes and added bracing.

Comment

LOL. Total scam. Here is how it works. I simply e-mailed the ad and asked if the kit was still for sale here is his reply

Thank you for your email but before i answer to any of your questions i`m afraid i have some bad news, i am not in US right now, i am in Canada visiting my parents ranch. I can not meet you to complete the sale but that`s not going to be a problem because i will do the transaction through iSOLD It.

They are the largest eBay selling service but it`s possible that you never heard of them if you don`t sell or buy often on the internet. Their website is www.i-soldit.com. When i left in Canada, i left the item along with several other items in the iSOLD It custody because i wanted to sell them on eBay when i return, but something came up back home and i decided to sell this one before i get back but not on ebay because i need to sell it faster.

So if you are serious and still interested let me know because i can make the transaction immediately and i will explain all the details of the transaction .

Thanks

Luke

Comment

Originally posted by bignazzle View Post
                  LOL. Total scam. Here is how it works. I simply e-mailed the ad and asked if the kit was still for sale here is his reply.........

Yeah it sounds like a super bad idea. I wouldn't pay $#!+ till its loaded up in the back of my truck.

Comment

Ok just to give you guys how this stuff goes. I simply replied back with this

"Ok as long as the kit is in working order. What kind of ranch do your parents have in Canada?

How does this shipping thing work. Never heard of it before."

This is what he wrote back. Me personally I would never ever ever buy something like this with a response like his. Anyways here is what he wrote back. I will continue to string him along and update this thread.

Keep in mind Im gonna jerk this gus chain and be really lame on purpose

HIs Reply:

Alright, i`m glad you are still interested. As i said in my first email i will explain how iSOLD It works because i want you to understand all the details of this transaction. Like I said before they are the best eBay selling services, you simply drop an item to one of their stores or they pick it up from your home, you find a buyer and they will take care of the rest. When i left in Canada i left 4 items for sale in their custody, they picked them up from my home so don`t ask at what store, or where the item is exactly because i don`t know, all i know is that they are holding them in one of their warehouses, but as long as they are handling the shipping and handling i don`t care where they are. I forgot to mention that the shipping is included in the price of sale. They offered me a discount on shipping because i am selling a large number of items and i can afford that. To make things clear the item is in US and only I am in Canada.

So basically they have the item insured and ready for shipping. As soon as i will have your shipping details i will send it to them and they will start the transaction. They will email you with an invoice and payment instructions. You will have to send the payment to one of their agents by following the payment instructions. Then you will send the payment details to them, they will validate the transaction and will start the shipping ASAP. If you will have questions you can ask them directly.

Unfortunately the pick up is not possible because this is an urgent sale (like i said before i intended to sell this on eBay when i should have returned from Canada but due to some recent problems back home i am forced to sell it now). iSOLD It suggested to offer a return policy because my offers would substantially increase so i am offering a 10 day guarantee. This eliminates the pick up option but you will have the time to inspect it and decide if you want it or not. If for any reason you decide not to keep it, they will give you a full refund and will return the item on my expense.

So if you agree with this terms and decide to proceed, then i will need your full name and shipping address in order to start the transaction. They will contact you by email so if you have other email accouns please let me have them so i can be sure that they contact you and avoid any possible delay.

As soon as i receive this details from you i will forward them to iSOLD It exactly as you sent them.

Thank you

Luke

Comment

REALLY read the ad... "Used but in great condition"...

But then later he says "I never had the kit set up".

Please explain that to me, hahaha. These people are rediculous. If anyone wants to sell a big ticket item they need to put their phone number on there, plain and simple. People always wonder how I sell the exact same item for 20-50% more than they do, used or new, it's because I take my time to make a PROFESSIONAL auction, put more than just 1 sentence, use correct punctuation, and include my email, cell phone, etc.
                      Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

Comment

Originally posted by bignazzle View Post
                        LOL. Total scam. Here is how it works. I simply e-mailed the ad and asked if the kit was still for sale here is his reply

Thank you for your email but before i answer to any of your questions i`m afraid i have some bad news, i am not in US right now, i am in Canada visiting my parents ranch. I can not meet you to complete the sale but that`s not going to be a problem because i will do the transaction through iSOLD It.

They are the largest eBay selling service but it`s possible that you never heard of them if you don`t sell or buy often on the internet. Their website is www.i-soldit.com. When i left in Canada, i left the item along with several other items in the iSOLD It custody because i wanted to sell them on eBay when i return, but something came up back home and i decided to sell this one before i get back but not on ebay because i need to sell it faster.

So if you are serious and still interested let me know because i can make the transaction immediately and i will explain all the details of the transaction .

Thanks

Luke
                        I have the same email from this guy " luke" I've been working him for a few days now back and forth. I'm really curious how he copied isold it from the web site. The email seems to have come from isold it which is strange.
                        www.myspace.com/tongueingrooveTd 20 Purple Fade V Session Cy15, 2x Cy14, Cy8, Asi+ Crown k2 amps, BBE max. Legion 15's, Madison 18 subs, Tama,Yamaha hardware.
                        Your never as good or bad as you think you are !

Comment

Someone tried the same kinda stunt on craigslist for a 2006 Honda Goldwing, decked to the gills for $5800.

Even with 50k miles on it - this is still a $15k+ bike. I decided to be a putz and take up his time, so I started jerking him around, and kept coming up with alternate methods, despite his saying it was already "crated and at the shipper, ready to go". I ever offered to send him a check for nearly double the amount, which he could then cash and refund 50% of the overage back to me, pocketing the rest (another classic scam)... at that point I quit receiving replies. Hehhe...

Comment

Spoofing an email is a lot easier than you'd imagine...

I WILL NOT go in to details...but it's pretty easy. Nuff said on that topic... but yes this is a scam %100.

-If you don't believe me...send me your full name and all of your email addresss.. as I am in Canada.. not the US where I have a bridge for sale that would be included with your purchase.

E
                            - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SIZZLE View Post
                              I have the same email from this guy " luke" I've been working him for a few days now back and forth. I'm really curious how he copied isold it from the web site. The email seems to have come from isold it which is strange.
                              Like evil said, it is very simple to spoof an e-mail address. The other part of this scam is that once you've committed, the website mysteriously no longer works, or is "under construction".

Send me $5 and I will teach you how NOT to get ripped off.

Comment

Working...
                              X