Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eBay Scam? Roland CY-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Scam? Roland CY-5

Hi everyone...

Been looking to replace my pintech 10" hi-hat (I think it's a ZB) and have been looking at a Cy5.

I've been looking to ebay, and found this auction starting at $15 for CY5, but something about the lack of info, paypal payment, makes me second guess it.

I've contacted the seller a few times.

When asked if he'd accept RevolutionMoneyEchange (a free alternative to PayPal) he responds:

"never heard of this payment.no"

When asked what all comes with the cymbal:

"just the cymbal .I bought it new'I have the box too"

Those are copied verbatim.

Let me know what you think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2759.l1259
    [>] McWilliams
    [>] www.mcwilliamsworld.com
    [>] Pintech / TD-12 / vExp: Master Picks 1 & 2, Exotics

sigpic

Looks OK, except he doesn't take paypal, never heard of revolution money exchange either but if you don't feel comfortable don't do it!
    www.myspace.com/tongueingrooveTd 20 Purple Fade V Session Cy15, 2x Cy14, Cy8, Asi+ Crown k2 amps, BBE max. Legion 15's, Madison 18 subs, Tama,Yamaha hardware.
    Your never as good or bad as you think you are !

Comment

I wouldn't go to the trouble of mailing payment but he has 114 transactions and 100% pisitive rating so I'd say he's safe.

I was burned by an alternative to paypal company used by a seller once and probably would have turned down your request as well. They stole my credit card number and used it for offshore online gambling.
      Stuff to hit

Comment

eBay will not help you if you use anything but Paypal, but the guy does seem legitimate.

Comment

Thanks guys... I may put in a bid - depending if he'll accept paypal - he's payed via paypal in the past.

RevolutionMoneyExchange.com works like a charm. I've used it in the past - even got $25 for signing up. Only thing is you can't tie a Credit Card to your account, just your checking.
          [>] McWilliams
          [>] www.mcwilliamsworld.com
          [>] Pintech / TD-12 / vExp: Master Picks 1 & 2, Exotics

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcwilliams132 View Post
            Thanks guys... I may put in a bid - depending if he'll accept paypal - he's payed via paypal in the past.

RevolutionMoneyExchange.com works like a charm. I've used it in the past - even got $25 for signing up. Only thing is you can't tie a Credit Card to your account, just your checking.

I checked it out too. He seems legit. Has 114 positives ,Thats a big plus. He also excepts Paypal, Money order, and cashiers check. Under payment section.
            Like sizzle said ,If you don't feel comfortables move on to another auction.

Good luck.
            Vinny
            Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Working...
            X