Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigslist ad that made me laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist ad that made me laugh

Just spotted this Craigslist ad this morning for a TD-6 and had to laugh:
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/msg/720393485.html

OK, nevermind the fact that this seller clearly doesn't understand that "right out of the box" and "still in box" do NOT mean the same thing. And nevermind that this is a second-hand kit being sold for hundreds of dollars more than what you could buy it for brand new from a reputable dealer. The kicker is the unusual BONUS that comes with your purchase:

"Almost forgot, Buyer gets a month of free life coaching or business coaching. My true passion for many years."

Really, every drummer needs some life coaching every now and then, don't we? Especially if we have a bad habit of buying old stuff at new stuff prices.

And I have to wonder if overinflated pricing is part of his "business coaching."
    Last edited by V(ader)DRUMMER; 06-15-08, 11:22 AM.
    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

"...though the drum set was a top of the line (almost)impulse buy..."

Almost?

"Questions:
    Why am I selling? Why was this set bought and never played, etc.?
    Answer:
    Within the same week of this new purchase, in addition to the Christmas Holiday, my long term relationship started to change which included my business..."

"...LAST BONUS:
    Almost forgot, Buyer gets a month of free life coaching or business coaching. My true passion for many years. Just completed official course work at ICA, Member, ICF...Life or Business Coaching month - includes 3 sessions, one per week with one week off, $500.00 value..."

So...let's get this straight.

This doofus is selling the set because his relationship life and business are going down the crapper big time.

Yet - a "bonus" is to include "free life coaching or business coaching"?

His "true passion for many years"?

I believe he meant to say "roaching"; that sounds a lot more like what his "true passion for many years" actually was.
    Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

He didn't say "life coaching that works" or "life coaching for success." He just said "life coaching." Lots of 'coaches' just stand around and yell at you from the sidelines. Although why people would pay for that I don't know.

His version of coaching might be like some of 'em I've had, where they're so busy screaming they forget to teach you the game.

Shalom
      Bruce

Comment

I have an idea.... I'll offer him life success coaching lessons in exchange for his 'top of the line almost' kit, just to help get him back on track with his life and his business!!!

Comment

I'm selling my TD-9 setup for $5,000....but FOR FREE, I'll coach you on avoiding bad deals on Craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
            I'm selling my TD-9 setup for $5,000....but FOR FREE, I'll coach you on avoiding bad deals on Craigslist.
            I'll take two......of each!!!

Comment

Working...
            X