Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible TD-20 scam on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible TD-20 scam on ebay?

Hey Guys (& Girls),

I ran across a strange situation on Ebay today. This auction had what is advertised as a complete & new TD-20 kit with a bid of $500.00 and a buy it now price of $900.00. The seller insisted that I contact him first before bidding. I did, and he returned my email. His buy it now price for a new Roland TD-20s drum kit is $900.00. He then cancelled the auction because he said he was getting so many emails and was getting confused. This auction is supposed to be a promotional sale for a new store in Europe, but no where was the name mentioned.

Am I the luckiest guy in the world for stumbling across this, or does this seem to raise anybody else's guard? Also, does ebay do such a security job on overseas stuff for me that I don't have to worry about getting scammed with wrong products?

Thanks for your responses.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Sorry to tell you - it's a scam.

That guy has been posting ads for TD-20 kit since late last year - even offering international shipping at no cost.

I sussed him out with a few emails and it's dodgy.

Comment

Hercules,

Don't be sorry. I really appreciate you responding so fast. With the auction cancelled, is there anything I can do about it with Ebay? I don't have anything except the email address he and I are in touch with, a gmail account.

Again, thanks

Martin

Comment

The guy's an obvious fraud, so steer clear. With the auction canceled there ain't much you can do, except stay on top of the new auctions watching for the stone-of-a-peach to do it again, then report him.

I used to entertain myself for a while scanning for this stuff and reporting it as much as I could. I think I was the bane of their existence for a few months last year.

Shalom
        Bruce

Comment

eBay and Craigslist scam discussions are right up there with the most frequent topics on this board.

There is a Moderator-placed sticky about this:

Find domain names, web hosting and online marketing for your website -- all in one place. Network Solutions helps businesses get online and grow online with domain name registration, web hosting and innovative online marketing services.

And - just put "scam" in the board's search feature, and you'll see tons of discussions displayed. Some recent examples - which include what to look for, some insightful experiences, etc:

Find domain names, web hosting and online marketing for your website -- all in one place. Network Solutions helps businesses get online and grow online with domain name registration, web hosting and innovative online marketing services.

Personally, I have a second (rarely used) eBay account that I use almost exclusively for inquiries to any auction I may have suspicions about. I also use a seldom-used separate email address and account for similar-type Craigslist inquiries. Using these keeps my regular accounts from being compromised or specifically targeted by these scammers.
          Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Working...
          X