Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Module Wanted!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Module Wanted!!!

Anything considered, however you must be willing to ship to Australia, & I am only interested in paying around $400AU (about $200US).
    Email: [email protected]

HAHAHAAAAAAAAJHAAAAAAAA

------------------
    ~REDMAN~
    ~REDMAN~

Comment

hmm...i don't know what you could get for that price, unless you found like an old tama techstar on ebay. Add another $250 (US) and you can have a td-6. BTW, I saw a techstar on ebay the other day and was tempted to bid, but didn't. Anyone know what the sounds on that thing were like?
      td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

Comment

IndustrialDrummer,
        I had a seven piece Techstar kit up until about January or February, when I sold it on eBay.
        Although I am not too familiar with Simmons's modules, based on sounds heard on a Rush album like Grace Under Pressure, I'd say the Techstar module is relatively similar to a Simmons module.

Mine had the tendency of working for a few minutes before crapping out.

Oh well, time for a good electronic kit...
        substrike.com for a better tomorrow - today!
        My Drums
        Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

Comment

By the way, surprisingly, I have seen a few Alesis DM5s on eBay for about $200-$250. I've been thinking about getting one of those.

------------------
          www.fuzerocks.com for a better tomorrow - today!
          My Drums
          My Drums
          Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

Comment

Originally posted by KuzinRob:
            IndustrialDrummer,
            Although I am not too familiar with Simmons's modules, based on sounds heard on a Rush album like Grace Under Pressure, I'd say the Techstar module is relatively similar to a Simmons module.
            Relatively. The Simmons has a more fat sound. Just like a Moog synth compared to a Roland synth. And I can't remember Neil Peart used a Tech Star module.
            Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
              Relatively. The Simmons has a more fat sound. Just like a Moog synth compared to a Roland synth. And I can't remember Neil Peart used a Tech Star module.
              Sorry, allow me to clarify that. Neil used a Simmons SDSV on Grace Under Pressure. I haven't heard an SDSV in person, therefore I was basing the sounds of the Simmons unit on the recording in comparison to the Techstar module that I actually had at one time.

------------------
              www.fuzerocks.com for a better tomorrow - today!
              My Drums
              My Drums

Comment

KuzinRob,
                The DM-5 is worth $200 if you want to use it as a MIDI device with computer composition. It has got a ton of sounds. As a drum trigger module, it is not worth 2 cents IMO. No expressive hi-hat and poor triggering response that seems to be non-reproducable. The TD-6 would be SO much better of a choice if you want to use your module with electronic drums....

Comment

F.
                  I have an Aleesis D-4! It's Yours for $200 & you pay shipping!
                  see my April 08 post

Comment

Working...
                  X