Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted TDW-1 Expansion Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted TDW-1 Expansion Board

Me want one. Me wanter is seeking something new to want and me want TDW-1. Me CroMagnon drummer, need more power. Me want fire. Me go now to scratch myself privately. Send smoke signal if you got TDW or visit cave.

Ooongawa.

Just a thought .........can't see you getting one here unless somebody bought two ,which is kind of pointless. If you take the tdw-1 out of the td-10 it's useless unless you send it back to roland . Oh ya ,ya don't be so freakin cheap and go buy a new one

------------------
    ~REDMAN~
    ~REDMAN~

Comment

I am with you Redman. Go to any retailer and pay $250ish. If I had an extra, I would probably place it on Ebay to avoid having to endure any more communications like these....
      Roland TD50x
      Reaper
      Acoustic- Spaun drums, Gretsch Drums & Paiste Signature Series cymbals.

Comment

Well, I am crushed. Just crushed that you guys would:

a). call me cheap
        b). call my messages annoying
        c). call me all the other things that you didn't have the courage to say but which you were really thinking.

You raise a good point about the TDW thing. I've been playing acoustics for 7 years and just moved to edrums two weeks ago, so I don't know a whole lot about it yet. Bear with me.

Jeez. Harsh crowd.

Comment

I think you're a hell of a guy...and I'm not just saying that just because you bought my TD-10 module!!! (Ok, Ok...that is the main reason)

Good Luck in your Drummin' Future!!!

Comment

Didn't mean to be harsh...my apologies. Run down to the music store, plunk down $250ish and install the thing. You will be overjoyed.Your cymbals will be much nicer, the toms much fatter, you will have individual slider controls...and new sequences. After installing it, come back here and use the search function to find out how to find some of the original kits to load over the new carttoon and loopy kits.....you will love it!!
            Roland TD50x
            Reaper

Comment

Oh ya ya did I mention I am cheap too

------------------
              ~REDMAN~
              ~REDMAN~

Comment

You may bei in luck if you did not spend the $250. Some guy on Ebay has one new in box for $159..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=852477182
                Roland TD50x
                Reaper

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Gardner:
                  You may bei in luck if you did not spend the $250. Some guy on Ebay has one new in box for $159..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=852477182
                  Watch out with buying a second hand TDW-1!!
                  There are two versions, one with and one without the V-cymbal support.

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
                  My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
                  My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Originally posted by mrVRock:
                    Watch out with buying a second hand TDW-1!!
                    There are two versions, one with and one without the V-cymbal support.

Groeten,

Peter
                    I'd look at it this way. Find out if it has the Vcymbal control update. If it doesn't, you still get a great deal on the exp card... AND... after you get it, send it to Roland. For a modest shipping and handling fee they upgrade it to include the Vcymbal control. I don't think it will add more than $10 bucks to the purchase price. To me, the only thing better would for it to already have the upgrade.
                    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
                      I'd look at it this way. Find out if it has the Vcymbal control update. If it doesn't, you still get a great deal on the exp card... AND... after you get it, send it to Roland. For a modest shipping and handling fee they upgrade it to include the Vcymbal control. I don't think it will add more than $10 bucks to the purchase price. To me, the only thing better would for it to already have the upgrade.

I think the only substantive difference is that the "version 2" TDW-1 have the proper pad types for all the V-cymbals. The "version 1" TDW-1 didn't have a "type code" for them and you had to program in scan time, etc. manually. The samples, I believe, are identical. I have programmed a "version 1" TDW for V-cymbals as well as a "version 2" and they sounded the same to me.

Anybody else know of other differences?

Ed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Drumbalaya! Specializing in electronic drum equipment.
                      Ed Morin [ mailto:[email protected] ]
                      Phone: 866-881-9313 / 425-881-9313 FAX: 425-881-6000 http://www.drumbalaya.com

Comment

It is also my understanding that the version 2 TDW-1 only adds the vcymbal control settings. If you don't have V-Cymbals, it shouldn't be an issue.

I couldn't imagine Roland doing the upgrade at no cost (other than S&H fees) and throwing in some free enhancements. Of course they could throw in a bug fix, but if they did, they sure aren't advertising it.
                        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
                        X