Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a video for first time VDrums users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a video for first time VDrums users?

Hi guys (and gals)!

I've just purchased a second hand set of extended VDrums. I've got them set up but at this stage have not had time to start reading the manual. I like to do things the easy way, so I thought I'd try to see if there is anything like a video which talks you through programming etc.

Thanks
    Dean

Aloha acme,

try this link to the superstore...scroll down to find your turbo start vid...hope it helps
    http://209.144.99.11/STORE/STORE.HTM

mixter
    DMPro rookie, TD10 newbie

Comment

I can only speak in relation to the TD-8 video manual, but I think you might find yourself in the same position.

Click on the below link to read about the TD-8 Video Manual for us Ausssssies.
      http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000355.html

I believe the TD-8 video manual is not available in Australia, and Rolandus do not ship this product to Australia. I don't even know if they are available in our PAL video format???

TD-10 video might be the same.

I don't generally look in the classifieds section, it's lucky people view this post down here

Comment

Hi there MIXTER and SECTOR 7!
        Thank you for trying to help. I'll certainly try your suggestions. SECTOR 7 if you have the time, please email me at [email protected]

All the best.
        Dean

Comment

I got the following off the Roland site. However, it seems that you can only get this in the States. I can't ascertain whether this is on the TD10. I have the extended kit, so I'm hoping to get something on that. Thanks again.
          Dean

V-DRUMS DEMO VIDEO
          (Item #VDR-DEMO) $5.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Roland's revolutionary V-drums are the cumulative result of more than 25 years of musical instrument research and design. Explore this incredible electronic percussion system in this new demo video, which details the features and benefits of the V-drums line-up, including the V-Pro and V-Custom Sets. (13 min.)

Comment

The demo video is more of a commercial for the V's. They gave me one at the store I frequent. Don't waste your $5. This is what you need:

V-Custom Set Video Manual
            (Item #VCUSTOM-SETVM)
            $29.95

Or:

V-Pro Set Video Manual
            (Item #V-PRO-SETVM) $29.95
            (124 min.)

Comment

I spoke to Roland (here at Dee Why - 02 9982 8266) directly about this one. They said that there wasn't any plans to release the V Custom video here in Aus (I didn't ask about the Pro video). They did send me thw 13 minute demo video - nice of them, but nothing new.

The Roland Rep did say however, if they received a few requests, that they would look at possibly organizing the video to be released in PAL format in Australia.

Perhaps we (us Antipodeans) should collectively write to Roland and request the owner Video Manuals.

Failing that - is there any way that the US format video can be copied into PAL format - if so, perhaps we should be directing our efforts over there?

What about our cousins in the UK . . . have you had any joy with the V Custom Owner's video manual?

Any other countries have the video available in PAL format?

It sure would be nice to get hold of a copy!
              Andy
              TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

By the time all of the effort and energies expended produce a video manual for y'all, it seems to me that you would know that module in-and-out.

It is also a fact that there is more info here than in any video OR paper manuals.

Ask away,

Comment

I completely AGREE with Marc...before deciding to get my TD10, I did as much research on it as I possibly could (trying it at local music store, going to Roland's website, other websites reviews on it, etc.). But by far, this site and forum proved to be the most helpful and informative...just "search" and ask....how simple is that? And when you get the answers from users here...some of 'em are damn funny ! Anyway, jut thought I'd throw in my 2 cents...good luck to ya!

Mickey
                  DMPro rookie, TD10 newbie

Comment

I too agree with Marc. There is no debating that this is the ultimate resource for V-Drummers. The willingness of members to share information and assist others with their decision making & problem solving is quite amazing. I certainly have benefited enormously from my regular visits to these forums over the past year or so.

The reason that I am interested in the Video Manual is that it might re-introduce some of the basic functionality that I've perhaps overlooked since shacking -up etc. For example, the on board sequencer - I rarely use it, the video may give me some examples of how it can be used on a basic level. This would then probably prompt me to re-visit that functionality, and then come to this forum with more questions. In addition, it would allow me to see other's playing the V's (even though it is Mr. Roland Demoman).

Please don't think I see the video as a replacement resource to my visits to this forum: just an alternative 'overview'. I've read many reports generally about video manuals - and they seem reasonable. For $30 US - I'd like to have a look.

. . . And finally - I don't suppose there is anyone out there with the TD8 user manual who could pass comment? - What about even coming to some arrangement whereby I could obtain a copy if it . . . say in exchange for a kangaroo or something! . . .
                    Andy

Comment

Regarding the video manual:

"It has some things I didn't see in the manuals.Being a greenhorn to e-drums and midi, the sequencer stuff was pretty much
                      rocket science to me, but I believe the video really helps me here because, unlike the manual, which details how to do a certain thing, the video really comes to bat for me as the instructor provides a scenario, a why or when for the functions.

Anyways, I post this under the Suggestion forum to recommend to any potential buyers and (hopefully) constant posts about TD8/10 differences, to aquire said video manuals. Especially those of you unfortunate souls that have no access to a
                      kit to personnally demo. I can only speak for the VPro video.No reason th VCustom s/b different. As I said, I'm only 1/2 ways thru it and if the last 1/2 is like the 1st,there is a lot of info that can guide your decisions and better answer many questions."

Hey Marc. - You once were a fan of the Video manuals too!!!!!
                      Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Oz DrumR:
                        Hey Marc. - You once were a fan of the Video manuals too!!!!!
                        Good one Oz... using my own words, eh? Very sneaky. Hey! I still recommend the video manuals! However, I was just trying to point out to acme that our community here is at the ready to come to his aid. I stand by my statement which you have quoted, BUT, remember, I picked up that video soon after my purchase and to this day, even the video still pales in comparison to the database in these forums. It's nice to have, but it's not vital. I do think it's a very valuable aid for someone researching electronic percussion and trying to decide on their purchase.

~~~~~
                        - -

Comment

No worries Marc. I know where you're coming from - thanks for your and everyones help on this site - it's great.

Andy
                          Andy

Comment

I bought the video manuel for the TD10. Watched it 2 times. It wasn't that helpful, but it might be useful to someone who hasn't read the manuel. But it leaves a lot of info. out. And now that we have the expansion module for the TD10, the video is outdated.

Comment

To the members who have replied
                              Thanks so much for your input and time.
                              Much appreciated.

I gather, there is no video in the Australian PAL format. I don't suppose anyone has used a home PAL video recorder and recorded a home video of the TD10 V-Pro set Video Manual by focussing on the screen? Obviously would be fairly average production, but would work. Alternatively, has anyone heard whether there is a way of getting this on the web somehow?

I'm new to the net so I really don't know what's possible.

Once again, thanks everyone.
                              Dean :0

Comment

Working...
                              X