Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP ! Can anyone send me downloads of some KILLER expanded dumkits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ! Can anyone send me downloads of some KILLER expanded dumkits

I'm new to this. I have recently bought an expanded VPro set. At this stage I have not had time to 'sleep' with the manual and the kit to get up to speed with the kit. I've seen where the members send kits to each other and was hoping I might be able to participate in this. I'm playing in two set ups. Basically a corporate rock enviroment......doing covers. I'm also playing in a sequenced set up and again doing covers. I'm looking for good rock drum sounds which would fit with vocal harmony orientated songs.

I also would like to practise with kits which are set up with the sequencer. One kit which is already on my kit has two sequences which can be started independently from cymbal pads. This is probably standard and everybody has this.......as I said I'm new to this. I like the concept for practise but would like to do this with other patterns. Does anyone have some alternatives please?

Thanks for listening.
    Dean

like what are you searching for? we cannot help if we do not know what you are looking for and or what you have.

Comment

Classifieds prolly isn't the best place for this message, but have you seen:
      http://www.vdrums.com/patches/

------------------
      \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited May 04, 2001).]
      \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

like what color is your drumset, bro? cuz that's like real important nowdays. yup. if you can tell me this vital info we might do some business.
        Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Gnarly

------------------
          \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited May 04, 2001).]
          \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Sorry guys, I obviously did not explain myself too well. First of all I have bought a second hand expanded VDrums kit. The drum kits which are already there I haven't touched as I basically haven't had time to sit down and learn how to adjust everything.

I'm looking for some kits which have been set up for songs which are rock orientated. I play in two bands. One is a sequencer assisted band. The music is 70,s 80,s and 90,s rock covers. The band is a corporate rock band with vocal harmonies. So I'm looking for drum kits which could cover this type of music. Now I realise that this is hard to interpret exactly what type of sounds I'm talking about, but I would love to have some sounds sent to me so that I could 'flick' through them to see if any could be used.

The second band is live but again playing covers. We play in pubs and corporate gigs. Its dance music. Certainly not thrash or rap.

I suppose as sound is so hard to descibe, I'm basically hoping to be able to listen to various sounds and eventually piece some kits together from what's available. Now as I'm new to this, is this possible? Can you send sounds say 10 kits for someone to download?
            Thanks
            Dean

Comment

What's 'Corporate Rock'?
              TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Covers of dance? Could you elaborate further on the dance portion? Are you doing dance as in club dance techno dance? Or is it ABBA dance type?

------------------
                szvook
                Studio

Comment

I would recommend you reinitilize your TD-10/TDW-1 back to factory original set up, then spend some time listening to each of the 100 kits. You will be pleseantly surprised. There are some great 60's and 70's Rock kits already made up for you. Then take some time and RTFM. By the time we (the VDrum community) figure out which kits to send you, you could have learned how to create your own custom set ups. And from what I hear, not everyone is well versed (myself included) in using the Lee' VKit software. Good luck with your V's - you will never stop learning how to use their potential, especially if you ever decide to record!!
                  Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Thanks again for your help.
                    I suppose you could call it Abba dance. Corporate Rock is Aussie are gigs for say a large corporation, which will have a night out for its workers and will have a band. You're playing to the 'suits' as well as the employees. It's normally held at places like the Hyatt Hotel or some swish venue. They use only the top bands who will play covers at a volume that the punters can handle. The covers range from 70's 80's 90's radio hits.

Yes, the suggestion to re-initialise the kit is a good one and I will do this, but in the meantime, I will play around as I'm bound to mess something up and will fix it up when it gets back to factory.

One reply to my add said that there are 100 kits available. I can only seem to access 50 of these. Is there an easy way to hear the other 50? I have the expanded kit, so I undestand that the 50 I have are different from the original 50 (and I believe are supposed to be better). My understanding is that my kit has been expanded so the original 50 kits are sitting somewhere, but it's quite a job to get to hear them. Also, if I get it to that point, then the 50 expanded kits would again be hard to access. Have I got this concept right..... or can you access 100 kits at anytime?

Anyway, back to my original question. How can I go about getting hold of some kits that the 'great' drummers have put together.
                    Thanks guys.
                    Dean

Comment

To Rus
                      Thanks, I didn't know that existed site until now. Now I have to find out how to go about downloading this and getting it onto my kit. Would you know if there are some instructions on VDrums. com for helping a 'new guy' get through the maze of accomplishing this task? Someone mentioned a memory card. Is that used in this type of process. If so, I will have to get one.
                      Appreciate the help Rus.
                      Dean

Comment

Sorry Rus !
                        My typing is not the best. I was trying to say, "I didn't know that the patches site existed ....." until you told me about it.
                        Dean

Comment

I haven't logged on for a while, as I've been busy. I'm hopeful someone might have some great kits out there. Please give me a 'YELL' on my email.
                          Thanks
                          Dean

Comment

Originally posted by acme:
                            I haven't logged on for a while, as I've been busy. I'm hopeful someone might have some great kits out there. Please give me a 'YELL' on my email.
                            Thanks
                            Dean
                            My insomnia has kicked in.... ramble, ramble...

1) It's been 5 months. Kinda hard to believe you haven't come up with at least a half dozen killer kits by now. Are you trying and getting stuck with something? OR Are you avoiding reading the manual and giving up? Usually you get plenty of help with the former and little help with the latter.

2) From what I have seen, this kind of request has never got a great response. Taste varies, equipment varies and no one wants their prize possession kit being trashed. Besides, if most people are like me, what's great today ends up tweaked tomorrow. I hesitate to send someone a kit saying it's my greatest ever kit - I could easily be trashing it next week. Different headphone, speaker systems and playing environments can yield quite different sounds from the same kit. Some use dry sounds and outboard processing, some use onboard stuff. Some use heavy processing for dead rooms... You will most likely have to tweak them to make them "killer" for you so you need to learn how. I have several versions of the same kit for recording, playing in my basement, live small rooms, live large rooms, etc.

3) Try Tom's advise and reinitialize (you will get the 50 TDW-1 presets). Start with editing the sounds. Change shell type, pitch, delay, muffle, etc and get a feel for what happens. Use ambience and adjust the levels, different mic types, room sizes and types, EQ, effects, compression, trigger sensitivity, yada, yada...

4) Use the copy feature and overwrite some of your 50 user kits with the original preset TD-10 kits. Explore what is already there. If you can't find anything with 100 kits, 1000+ sounds and infinite ability to tweak, what we have is unlikely to help.

5) If you're adventerous: load Lee's software (I'm sure someone will send you his latest for TDW-1) and try loading the posted patches with it. (do a search - you will need a midi cable which will hook up to the game port of your sound card if you have the typical sound card) Many of us have had success loading a TD-10 patch into the TDW-1 (but some have had problems). If it works, you have a bunch of kits to evaluate. If it doesn't work, you might end up trashing all your kits. If that happens, you can reinitialize and get all the factory settings back. If you have anything worth saving, putting them on a mem card first would be a good idea. I'd try the other stuff first.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or judgemental. I'm just looking at why you don't seem to be getting any response from a normally helpful group.
                            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hey acme, welcome aboard. Can't believe I missed your post back there in May. Nice to have another Aussie on board. There are all too few of us out here.
                              I am also in a covers band doing the corporate gigs (only here in Canberra, occasionally Sydney).

All that I have to say has already been said. I used to download kits using Lee's Vkittrans stuff but I found that I gained more from creating and modifying my own kits. I learned how the module worked and how different things affected the tone of each sound. This has been invaluable for making adjusments 'on the fly'. Do not under rate this. It takes time but it is worth it.

Just something that can only be put down to experience.

Drop me a line if you are ever up this way and I'll buy you a beer!
                              Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
                              X