Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"MintberryCrunch" software drumming FIXES and engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick74
    replied
    eDRUMin (Audiofront's gorgeous Trigger module) Setup Service

The eDRUMin TriggerToMidi device is super powerful + comfortable and at the same time super inexpensive - so it's definitely a great choice for any e-drummer (especially for A2E players) and will even work nicely as an additional trigger input extension for players who are already using a Roland module as Trigger2Midi device but seeking more trigger inputs.

The eDRUMin control app provides detailed and unique features.

So if you need help on dialling in the eDRUMin in order to match your dream of an e-drum translation - get in touch: I can do this for you! and it can easily be done via remote-desktop

ENJOY

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    NEW GGD Hihat Engine Toggle for creative e-drummers πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘‰

Switch (while you're playing!) between the following two Hihat Engines πŸ˜ƒ:
    • --> the normal FIXED (all bugs and shortcomings fixed!) Hihat Engine ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...9221816324808/ ) featuring all availabe GGD Hihat articulations (at least integrating TIGHT + CLOSED EDGE articulations) + or in addition even playing the "Consistently controllable 2-closed-stages Variable Hihat" : https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...2184129695241/ ................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................
    • --> the SPECIAL Hihat Engine : the pad's BOW will provide the normal Variable GGD "Tip" CC Hihat (of course with all bug fixes as described) and the pad's EDGE will be the GGD TIGHT EDGE articulation exclusively (no matter what the pedal controller position is). This setting can be super creative because an open hihat sound (from BOW hits) will be muted with an EDGE hit. --> Great when playing DoubleBass parts and it's also super cool to be able to achieve a fast alternation between TIGHT EDGE and Pedal CHICK sounds.

Of course you'll have the option to toggle both Hihat Engines after your creative needs while you're playing (by hitting a dedicated controller pad zone (like a Tom rim)that functions as a switch) πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

Available for the DAWs: "Cubase Artist/Pro" , "Logic Pro X" , "Reaper" , "Bidule" , "Ableton Live Suite"

Interested? or any questions? -> Post an answer or send a PM please.

ENJOY β€ΌοΈπŸ˜Š

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    NEW SuperiorDrummer2/3 + EZDrummer2 Hihat Engine Toggle for creative e-drummers πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘‰

Switch (while you're playing!) between the following two Hihat Engines πŸ˜ƒ:
    • --> the normal FIXED (all shortcomings fixed!) Hihat Engine ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...0855446161443/ __+__ https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...8304696416519/ ) + or in addition even playing the "Consistently controllable 2-closed-stages Variable Hihat" : https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...3581597222161/ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................................
    • --> the SPECIAL Hihat Engine : the pad's BOW will provide the normal Variable "Tip" (or you can also choose "Edge") CC Hihat (of course with all fixes as described) and the pad's EDGE will be the TIGHT EDGE or CLOSED EDGE articulation exclusively (no matter what the pedal controller position is). This setting can be super creative because an open hihat sound (from BOW hits) will be muted with an EDGE hit. --> Great when playing DoubleBass parts and it's also super cool to be able to achieve a fast alternation between TIGHT (or CLOSED) EDGE and Pedal CHICK sounds.

Of course you'll have the option to toggle both Hihat Engines after your creative needs while you're playing (by hitting a dedicated controller pad zone (like a Tom rim) that functions as a switch) πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

Available for the DAWs: "Cubase Artist/Pro" , "Logic Pro X" , "Reaper" , "Bidule" , "Ableton Live Suite"

Interested? or any questions? -> Post an answer or send a PM please.

ENJOY β€ΌοΈπŸ˜Š

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    (...to be continued:

list of the most important fixes: )

GGD Fixes:

---

NEW GetGood Drums ("GGD") Snare FIX feature: Snare Engine toggle available now πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘‰

You already know about the GGD Snare Drum FIX

"GGD snare drum "CENTER" <-> "RIMSHOT" separation" ? πŸ‘‰

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...6241668956156/

Well, having it separated (only the HEAD articulation on the center head of the snare pad) suits well for many musical situations/demands (when you do not want 'disturbing' Rimshots).

But there are also playing situations or musical demands when you would want the original engine with the RIMSHOTSat high velocities.

So here comes GOOD NEWS! - Having it both is possible NOW! :

-> just swap the engines with a padstroke (while playing)! 😊 (-> define a dedicated pad zone (like a (Floor)Tom Rim) which will function as a switch)

- When playing the "Separated" Engine you'll have the whole dynamical range of Snare Center Head samples translated to the whole MIDI velocity range. Also, the Snare volume level has been adjusted to fit and match the Original Engine.

RIMSHOTS and (if wanted at lower incoming velocities) SIDE STICK articulations are available on the RIM of the snare pad.

-- vs.--

- When switching back to the "Original" Engine you'll have the default Snare behavior with RIMSHOTS triggered by high velocities. And of course on the rim of the pad the exclusive RIMSHOTS and (if wanted at lower incoming velocities) SIDE STICK articulations stay available or you can have the SIDE STICK exclusively.

I'm absolutely sure: being able to switch to both Snare translation options is a super great benefit and your snare sound will fit all musical demands.

Enjoy ‼️ πŸ™‚

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    Anniversary special: Make a Video and get GGD or SSD5.5 "Dream Kit" FIXES for free!: πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘‰

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...4628981784089/

ENJOY! 😊

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    (...to be continued:

GGD Fixes:

One Kit Wonder - Metal:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...9978050915849/

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied

Consistently controllable 2-closed-stages Variable Software Drumming Hihat without annoying Pedal "Chicks" πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘‰

Have you ever dreamed of a consistently controllable 2-closed-stages Variable CC Hihat with no annoying Pedal "Chicks" disturbing the closed range?
    Well, no problem: this is now possible with a dedicated Hihat translation FIX!

There are basically 2 closed Hihat stages/articulations on most drum samplers:

1. the TIGHT and 2. the CLOSED ("normal" pressure -> not tightly closed) articulation.

I've always wished to be able to control them in an easy and constistent/reproducable way without getting annoying and unwanted Pedal "Chicks" disturbing the quite large CC value range (or call it pedal motion range) which is set up alone for the first two (closed) stages. This large and significantly increased value range is achieved by value remapping and will be necessary to consistently control the 2 closed stages preventing that the slightest foot movement triggers an unwanted stage like a semi-open stage (especially when using a Roland FD-9 controller pedal. Regarding separated controller pedals please note that the FD-9 "spring tension feeling" provides a similar two stage closed feeling as for instance a VH-13 does (and this for the first time: it's not possible to consistently control it with FD-7, FD-8 or other pedals - so props to Roland here πŸ‘) :

"Fully" depressing it with "normal" pressure --> CLOSED stage is triggered

--vs.--

again increasing pressure --> TIGHT stage is triggered.

It's also important to significantly widen the TIGHT stage as you wouldn't want to reach it with super high foot pressure only πŸ˜‰.

On the other hand: suppressing the Pedal "Chick" note in general would definitely be no solution as not being able to easily achieve a "Chick" is not wanted in many playing situations: I want to get the "Chick" every time I do an even quite soft 'open -> closed' movement and I even want to trigger fast double "Chicks" at all velocities.

So I've build a FIX engine providing both: no disturbing Pedal "Chick" within the first two closed stages + being able to easily generate a "Chick" with a normal 'open -> closed' movement at all foot velocities.

It's definitely a DREAM of a e-drum Hihat: this is the BEST you can get out of it️ ‼️

You want this brilliant Hihat translation? -> Get in touch.

ENJOY! 😊

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick74 View Post
    Steven Slate Drums 5(.5) ( "SSD5" ) -- authentical Cymbal Choking [->fixing two big no-gos] now available using a workaround
    Video available showing and comparing the original SSD5 Cym Choke performance --vs.-- the FIXED SSD5 Cym Choke performance of all SSD5.5 "Deluxe 2 Free Dry'n Tight" Kit cymbals in high detail.

Video LINK: https://youtu.be/tgNDg__QOzg

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    (...to be continued:

Toontrack Fixes:

---

Superior Drummer 3 -- Snare Bleed for X-Drums workaround

Example:

You want to add an X-DRUM - Tom ...BUT you're missing the snare buzz from your main Snare? ( --> because by default there is no chance to get the main Snare to "bleed" when hitting the X-Drum kit piece...)

All right, here comes GOOD NEWS : I've developed a workaround that gives you the wanted snare buzz from your main Snare

Available in all DAWs and in SuperiorDrummer3 standalone

---

ENJOY!

Superior Drummer 3 -- Snare Bleed for X-Drums workaround:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...7712895475698/

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    Toontrack "Superior Drummer 3" Hihat Fix

Video available showing the unwanted SuperiorDrumer3 hihat engine artifacts and the workarond engine fixing them.

Playing e-drums with "Superior Drummer 3" is so much fun: super powerful features/possibilites and good-sounding and very versatile: there are sooo many expansion packs!

Unfortunately the Toontrack hihat engine features one of two principles of function which will suffer from annoying transition artifacts (the transitions of the "OPEN-CLOSED stages") when playing the sampler with variable-CC-hihat-capable e-drum controllers (like "Roland" controllers on "Roland" modules).

So I've developed a FIX: With it you can play the "Variable Hihat" without SuperiorDrummer3 processing any CC data! This will stop the unwanted behavior and sound artifacts.

With the FIX you can of course also customize the variable hihat pedal translation and set open-closed-stages to be triggered by pedal positions of your choice and/or skip stages you don't want. Playing "fast hihat foot-stepping" will also be possible without any unwanted ringing.

BTW: the original 'Superior Drummer 3 (/2)' hihat provides the same principle of function as "EZ Drummer 2" (also Toontrack) and also "Steven Slate Drums 5.5 ('SSD5')" so the transition artifacts of these drum samplers can also be fixed.

---

Features:

- You will have the option to toggle the Variable CC Hihat Engine with a pad stroke! :

My workaround provides the ability to swap the hihat engine while playing (e.g. per pad stroke) : if you want to generate "Hihat Splashes" you'll be able to choose the original "Toontrack" engine (as it provides this feature and my engine doesn't) ; if you want to play fast "foot-stepping" and/or want to have a clean and artifact-free pedal behavior you'll have to switch to my clean hihat engine which won't allow transitions triggered by sheer hihat controller data.

In the video I'm toggling between the original SuperiorDrummer3 Engine and my fixed Hihat Engine by hitting the rim of the Floor Tom pad.
    So you can watch what happens and how the hihat behaves with each of the engines!

I'm showing the FIX using the Superior Drummer 3 stock library (default preset and state (and default hihat curve)).

- PS: Also, my workaround significantly improves the "VHx" (Roland hihat system on hihat stand) issues whereupon stages are unwantedly triggered by the jolt downwards. This is because sheer CC data won't trigger open-closed-stages within my "clean" hihat engine.

supported DAWs: "Cubase Artist/Pro" , "Logic Pro X" , "Reaper" , "Bidule" , "Ableton Live Suite"

Superior Drummer 3 - Hihat Engine FIX:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...0855446161443/

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    Ableton Live e-drum Cymbal Choking with Toontrack 'Superior Drummer 3' now available

Unfortunately Ableton Live 9 + 10 (and also AL 11 along with e-drum modules like TD-9,-11,-15,-17,-25, eDRUMin, ATV, Alesis) does not recognize "PolyPressure" midi messages that are transmitted by most modules (like Roland) when manually choking cymbal pads. This makes Cymbal Chokes (at least in 3rd party drum samplers like SD3) completely unavailable.

So here comes GOOD NEWS : I've developed a FIX using the ingenious modular DAW "Plogue Bidule" as an additional tool (Bidule is super inexpensive and at least in MIDI regards the most powerful tool I know).

So combining AbletonLive and Bidule will make SuperiorDrummer3 e-drum cymbal choking available (SD3 inserted in AL) ‼️

ENJOY!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...5638730016448/
    Last edited by Nick74; 03-27-21, 06:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    (...to be continued:

StevenSlate Fixes:

Steven Slate Drums 5(.5) - Ride Cymbal Positional Sensing:

Ride Cymbal Positional Sensing now available using a workaround

There are "Ride Bow Tip" and "Ride Bow Shank" articulations available in SSD5(.5) which can be used for a positional difference on the Ride Bow using PositionalSensing-capable cymbal pads and modules (like Roland modules)

Unfortunately SSD5(.5) does not feature Ride Positional Sensing. ☹️

BUT FROM NOW ON you can play this feature using my fix (available for the DAWs "Cubase Artist/Pro" , "Logic Pro X" , "Reaper" , "Bidule" , "Ableton Live Suite").

E-drum hardware requirement: Cymbal (Ride) Positional Sensing has to be a module and cym pad feature.

It's so much benefit when playing those SSD5(.5) Ride sounds with two tones playable on the bow!

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick74 View Post
    new: Roland CY-18DR Digital Ride Cymbal: authentical drum sampler Choke translation -->

new SoftwareDrumming feature using the Roland "CY-18DR" Digital Ride Cymbal :

Video available showing my "Roland CY-18 DR--Digital Ride Cymbal - SOFT CHOKE e-drum FIX" for drum samplers :

---
    Video LINK: https://youtu.be/m_jx2es4F2U
    ---
    using:
    • Superior Drummer 3
    • Steven Slate Drums 5(.5)
    ---
    Enjoy!

---

BTW, Crashes, Chinas and all sorts of chokable cymbal stuff from suitable drum samplers will also fully work with this SOFT CHOKING (vs. Standard Choking). ... And in addition it will even (of course limitedly) work with all sorts of sounds (that are not chokable with cymbal pads by default).

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    (...to be continued:

StevenSlate Fixes:

Steven Slate Drums 5(.5) ( "SSD5" ) -- authentical Cymbal Choking [->fixing two big no-gos] now available using a workaround

There are two big no-gos when choking Crashes / Splashes / Chinas / Rides in SSD5:
    • 1. --> much too long fade out range (feels/sounds soooo laggy!)
    • 2. --> the "Mute Tail" part plays always with static (max) level (no matter how soft the previous hit was): --> it does not react dynamically

So I've build a FIX to eliminate these no-gos: FROM NOW ON you'll have an instant reaction on cymbal chokes and the "Mute Tail" articulation refers to the velocity of the previous cymbal hit.

The SSD5.5 Cymbal Choke FIX is basically available for all DAWs.

It's so much benefit to have Cymbal Choking like in state-of-the-art 'SuperiorDrummer3' without annoying fades and statically loud "Bling"-Tail sounds!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Nick74; 04-10-21, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nick74
    replied
    (...to be continued:

GGD Fixes:

NEW Get Good Drums ( "GGD" ) Cymbal Choke Feature : "Mute Tail" articulations are now triggered on choking ( --> just like SuperiorDrummer3 handles cymbal choking! )

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5791...0199445893710/

--->

I've integrated the tail of the available CRASH / SPLASH / CHINA choke articulations (which are available in all GGD drum packs/libraries) into my GGD Cymbal Choking FIX : --> so from now on you can have this as an additional option and this will absolutely be the icing on the (choke) cake! because it makes cym choking sound totally natural.

Of course the "Mute Tail" part is triggered by the same velocity as the main Crash/Splash/China articulation hit, so it sounds super authentically!

I'm proud to say that the GGD cymbal choking sound is on par with SD3 now!!

This FIX is available for the DAWs "Cubase Artist/Pro" , "Logic Pro X" , "Reaper" , "Bidule". (Bidule is needed as a Plugin).

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X