Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy a complete kit from Ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy a complete kit from Ebay?

I've been keeping an eye out for a Roland TD-30 KV. Mentally taking notes of prices.

Looking at Ebay, I see the kit available in various forms. Individual, Music Store, music distributor, New, Used, Open Box, etc.

And sometimes for a considerable discount.

What is your gut feeling about making this kind of transaction? Slight risk? Too much risk? Jump in, the water is fine?

As a buyer, eBay is great. Tons of protection from scams, Paypal will refund your money if things don't get worked out between you and the seller for items that were not accurately described in the listing, etc.

As a seller eBay sucks balls. Too high of fees for final listing price of items, Paypal takes another 3% to facilitate the transaction, so in the end you are out 13% from what your listing sold for.
    I think my work is done here.

Comment

I have found some great deals on ebay...I usually look at the feedback before I decide who to buy from though.
      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

I bought my first kit on eBay.
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Yeah Tommy, as a seller they absolutely kill you with fees, but I buy there carefully by checking feedback on the seller, but more importantly, I read the description, analyze the pics, and if I need more info , I contact the seller and ask more questions, and I keep a log of any discussions between me and the sellers . In other words, I hold the seller accountable to his description. I have, knock on wood, never had a problem and the people I dealt with were both fair and honest. Buy, away . Let's burn some GAS!

Comment

Bought y first full kit on ebay - and pretty much every bit I have bought since.
            --
            West London, UK.
            TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Ask lots of questions directly to the seller and check out their feedback.

Comment

Working...
              X