Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tool's sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool's sound

has anyone figured out Danny Carey's (TOOL) sound. I've fairly new to my td-10 and I can't quite get it. This is one of the best drum sounds around, so I would appreciate any help on it.

Studio

Comment

Check out this link for SDX units for sale:

SDX For Sale
      -Purple V-Concert Set
      -Expanded TD-10.
      -Roland SPD-S
      -Roland Personal Monitor-3

Comment

eyeball kid,

Have you tried to contact Danny directly and ask him?

http://www.dannycarey.org/

yours,

BoneS
        www.pryors-place.com
        Last edited by MARK Pryor; 04-07-03, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Re: Tool's sound

Originally posted by eyeball kid
          has anyone figured out Danny Carey's (TOOL) sound. I've fairly new to my td-10 and I can't quite get it. This is one of the best drum sounds around, so I would appreciate any help on it.
          I am not an acoustic drum expert, nor am I a studio expert, but I can imagine that part of his sound is created with studio techniques, and part of his sound has to do with his drums. Danny uses Sonor drums with thicker/heavier shells than most other drums have. Danny also uses different sizes than most people do, square rack toms (like 12x12") instead of 'traditional' (12x8) or 'power tom' (12x10"), and his floortoms are two inch deeper than the diameter (14x16", 16x18" dia x depth).
          Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
          X