possible media card idea....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible media card idea....

how about something simple like the memory cards they use in digital cameras...you could get like 64 MB, 128MB for a low amount of money
    Current E-Rig:Roland TD-20K /w Roland CY-8, Roland KD-8 & Roland SPD-S
    AMP: Mackie SRM450 V2

Current Acoustic Rig:5 piece Pearl Export Series, a bunch of Sabian Cymbals.

Re: possible media card idea....

Originally posted by spyder
    how about something simple like the memory cards they use in digital cameras...you could get like 64 MB, 128MB for a low amount of money
    Why?

Only for storing some simple data on it?
    The data that can be stored only holds the kit settings. No sounds. So why a different card?
    Robert

Comment

Re: Re: possible media card idea....

Originally posted by puttenvr

Why?

Only for storing some simple data on it?
      The data that can be stored only holds the kit settings. No sounds. So why a different card?
      If anyone has ever saved a kit to a file on their PC, (like with VkitTrans or SysEx97, etc) they are familiar with just how big a kit file is... Approx 2K! So the M512 E memory card holds maybe 100-150K max. And all for the low, low price of $100.00. What a bargain.

I recently got a 128MB memory stick for my Sony camera for $90 and thought that was high (since 128MB for my Pentium II was $25.00).
      Last edited by Boingo; 08-02-02, 04:43 PM.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

hrmmm

no no no, not for storing saved kits and such, for storing samples... it would be so awesome to be able to bring perfect quality sound samples (wav files) right onto the drum module, with the ease of copying them to a media card....

Comment

Re: hrmmm

no no no, not for storing saved kits and such, for storing samples... it would be so awesome to be able to bring perfect quality sound samples (wav files) right onto the drum module, with the ease of copying them to a media card....
          You should have posted here...
          http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...highlight=td12
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

If you want to store new samples into the V-drums then your wish is a whole new module. Or ddrum3 / ddrum4...
            Attached Files
            Robert

Comment

Re: possible media card idea....

That's what they did with the Yamaha DTXtreme didn't they?
              Music was my first love...

Comment

you said it..

you said it perfectly..i would buy that without thinking twice..

i still think it needs like a USB or card device, to make it easy to upload and download samples.

and it should be able to read wav files.....hell for more of a kick, make it able to read mp3 files you could fit a ****load of samples in then
                Last edited by spyder; 09-16-08, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Stoopid guitar guy here...

Let me preface by admitting total ignorance to much of what has been posted previously on these subjects. I'm just interested in hearing your comments, which will, in turn, help me to better understand what I don't know. So....

...with the advent of the newer "tablet PCs"... http://content.gateway.com/www.gatew...abletpcdlx.jpg

...are we getting to the point where the touch screen, sampler, effects, USB-MIDI interface side of the equation is here (except for the price at the present time)?

It seems that if some enterprising company could produce a 12 (expandable to say 20) input, fully positional sensing, USB interface-only, they could clean-up with minimal danger of being overtaken by the next great sound module. If I were Roland, etc. this would worry me, and cause me to very carefully condsider my next outlay of R&D dollars.

Last edited by Swampash; 05-14-03, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Media cards would be ideal for storing samples, but instead of SmartMedia cards with their 128mb limit, I would much rather see the TD-12 (or whatever is supposed to be Roland's next knock-'em-dead module) use the Compact Flash cards. The 512mb and 1gig versions are out and coming down.

This might not be too ambitious, considering that the SPD-S module uses this format for exactly this purpose.

On the other hand, does anyone think that the new xD format will take off and what its max limit is?

Comment

Working...
                    X