Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improved RMP 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved RMP 5

would want these "enhancements" in the RMP 5:

-- a 12" pad
    -- capability for hihat foot control (open, close and in between)
    -- hihat control also included in the "groove check"/timing checks (like checking of closing and opening on certain counts/etc...)
    -- larger screen size maybe same size as the lcd of td9
    -- detachable LCD so can place in front of the face -- no need to look down when playing
    -- 3 way ride triggering...

which hopefully turns it into a basic / minimalist kick, snare, hat (ride) kit. Can be used as a core groove and fundamentals training kit and as a cocktail kit for quick gigs and jams...

Rimshots would be nice too.

I have an RMP-5 and I've connected my CY8 and KD8 to it for practice. The Rhythm Coach is very nice and I have jammed to music with this setup too.

I guess the RMP-5 is limited because big R wants people to buy other things.

Comment

I couldn't agree more.
      TD 20: 1 X PD 85; 1 X PD 105; 1 X PD 120; 1 X PD 125; 1 X KD 7; 1 X KD 120; 1 X CY 12 C/R; 1 X CY 14 C; 1 X CY 15 R; 2 X HD Hammers

Comment

Halfway between a HD-1 and an RMP5

Roland really should be looking at this as a mini kit, on top of a practie pad, as there's pads out there that do all the time signature stuff. The fact that you can plug in an additional pair of triggers with a splitter make the thing tantalizingly close to something more than a practice pad.

I think 3 dual trigger sockets triggers would do it.

This would give you
        Snare with Rim (Rim could trigger a range of sounds)
        HiHat Open Closed with FD pedal
        One crash and the Kick.

The RMP-5 looks like it was designed in the late 80s and built in the early 90s, and could really do with an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis74 View Post
          Roland really should be looking at this as a mini kit, on top of a practie pad, as there's pads out there that do all the time signature stuff. The fact that you can plug in an additional pair of triggers with a splitter make the thing tantalizingly close to something more than a practice pad.

I think 3 dual trigger sockets triggers would do it.

This would give you
          Snare with Rim (Rim could trigger a range of sounds)
          HiHat Open Closed with FD pedal
          One crash and the Kick.

The RMP-5 looks like it was designed in the late 80s and built in the early 90s, and could really do with an update.
          I love comments like this.
          Roland 'should' be doing a lot of things, but we all know they won't!
          I mean, look at us lot.
          If my store's salespeople are to be believed, I am their sole customer who does things like splitting inputs or adding extra triggers.
          That's nothing, but if it makes me (us?) out of the ordinary, then there's your answer why the SPD-S is 8 years old, the TD-20 10 years old and why the RMP-5 will only get updated in 2019...

Comment

When it comes to learning aids, Beatnik Rhythm Analyzer is far superior to Roland's RMP's. After replacing the RMP and using it for a year, the only thing I miss on RMP is its "rhythm notes" (i.e. half-note -> quarter -> 8th -> 8th triplet -> 16th -> etc -> (back down again).)
            My compact kit.

Comment

Working...
            X