Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry Dixon
    replied
    I worry about soft cases for carting vdrums, so buying a used anvil PA 'lunch box style case & cutting foam, depending on how many pads, might be the best $-wise of you need flight safe cart.

Long & McQuade had a awesome hardshell Anvil, that held the entire KV kit +. Issue with it, was it's near as big as my shock mount "all racks case", that is nearly 5' x 3'+ x 3'+. It opened wheels down split in the middle with a hard foam insert, custom cut to slide in the pads/cymbals/module. I asked for a price but it was a Roland display unit!. Not small gig practical.

Leave a comment:

• Shelette55
    replied
    This has come quite handy. I have been trying to increase comments on my site to get some search engine love.

Leave a comment:

• redsumsum
    replied
    camera 076.jpg

I have the following case..I am in B.C. Canada if your interested....

Leave a comment:

• steve.pie
    replied
    Very nice solution Matt, and welcome to the forum. I bet that big case is F heavy when loaded tho as it appears not to have castors ??

Leave a comment:

• Matt_does_drums
    replied
    I don't know if anyone is still looking but i just bought one of these and its fantastic fits My TD-20KV and TD-30KV perfectly.
    http://www.rsdmusic.com/products.asp...id=35&mcatid=2 ive been looking for years so i just thought I'd share
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• yamtz750
    replied
    TD-20 Case by Pelican

The Pelican model #1520 with pick& pluck padding works well for my TD-20 module. The case sold for about 1/2 retail price on eBay.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tommihendrix
    replied
    Flight Cases

A company called Trifibre in the UK custom manufacture flight cases and padded bags for this sort of thing. They also make drum cases but they're more for acoustic drums really. They will beat any price of equivalent quality cases and bags from other companies so they're definately worth checking out. - www.trifibre.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• steve.pie
    replied
    I had those cases for my TD10 and they were indeed made by Hardcase for Roland .......... i contacted them for a new foam insert - the one that holds the TD10 snug - and they were very efficient ....... had them in stock, £18 delivered, so i bought 2 ( 1 as a spare )

Leave a comment:

• Myrk-
    replied
    If you guys ever checked the classified adds section you would have seen that I am selling such cases. Hard cases, roland make, for the TD-6/8/9/10/12/20. It doesn't hold the rack unfortunately, I believe you need a seperate soft bag which is still easy to obtain on ebay. Consists of 3 hard cases- 1 which holds a few cymbals and bass drum (I used to actually store 2 KD-120's, 2 CY-14's and a CY-15 in it), a tom box which stores 4 pads and snare pad and hi-hats (I stored 3 PD-120's, 2 PD-100's, and CY-12H in it) and a module box which holds the module, headphones, cables, and has a hardware space for drum pedals etc. These are flight cases, meant for touring.

If anyone is interested please contact me asap, as I'm getting rid of these this month! I can supply photos.

Edit: If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say these cases were built by the company Hardcase for Roland, as they have Rolands logos all over them in plastic (not stickers). Look just like these really, I'm sure you recognise the style. I used them for about 4 or 5 gigs with my old TD-10 and they were brilliant- tough as anything. They also have metal rods inside and such to secure the V-drums down. Only reason I'm selling is because my behemoth kit won't fit in them!

http://www.hardcase.com/images/combo2-sm.jpg
    Last edited by Myrk-; 04-02-09, 07:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kevincool87
    replied
    No I bought each of them, and had them sent together is what I meant. So no, unfortunately the soft cases don't come with MDS-20bk!

Leave a comment:

• rsosborn
    replied
    Originally posted by kevincool87 View Post
    Well to my surprise I ended up purchasing DRUM-SC04. I was in market for a MDS-20BK and found a sweet deal for both the rack and the soft case, and combining them both allowed me to reduce the potential shipping price that would've been nearly double if I had bought the case seperately.
    Sweet setup, for sure. So the rack soft case came with the rack purchase, and not with the drum-sc04?

I was asking a sales rep. He owned one himself. He said there wasn't a rack softcase with this pack.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DrumSC04

Leave a comment:

• cschriks
    replied
    Originally posted by gostviper View Post
    link the whole thing please

thanks
    I think it is the pull-handle case family of products. You can choose between different sizes but you have to make your own interior with foam but than you can customize it the way you want.

http://www.skbcases.com/industrial/p...-list.php?d=c6

Leave a comment:

• gostviper
    replied
    link the whole thing please

thanks

Leave a comment:

• cschriks
    replied
    I already found the brand that still makes these. They look really good. Check this out:

http://www.skbcases.com/

Leave a comment:

• gostviper
    replied
    Originally posted by cschriks View Post
    When you open www.vdrums.com on the left hand side you see pictures of various V-drum products show up. One of them shows a real nice case for v-drums. Does anybody know what brand it is.
    it's a discontinued product that was made for the td-10

Leave a comment:

Working...
X