Flight case for TD-20 Full setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAJ View Post
    Hey Sean, they really look great, you don't happen to know what they go for do ya?? Might be just what i am looking for... and if the price is right...

Yes mate,

they say around the 180 - 200 mark, British pounds that is. Sounded steep when I first read it, but then when you think of the value of the gear it's protecting...

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper70 View Post
      Yes mate,

they say around the 180 - 200 mark, British pounds that is. Sounded steep when I first read it, but then when you think of the value of the gear it's protecting...

Sean
      Hey Sean, do you have the web address where your getting all this info from??

Comment

Hi Raj,

Their website is http://www.protectionracket.co.uk/index.asp but the info regarding the TD-20 case was from a discussion I had with Dean from Protection Racket, he then emailed me the pictures.
        There's lots on info about the products on their site but not specifically about the TD-20 case as it's still being road tested by their endorsees.

I have to admit, the prospect of having something as rugged as the Protection Racket 'Electro 3' case I already own, but specifically designed for the TD-20 + rack is very exciting.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by zildjian1 View Post
          Hi

I haev had my Vdrum setup for the last year or so now... and i love every second i spend sitting behind them...so much fun...
          Now I'm ready to take it out of my bedroom and bring it on the road with me. The trouble is, I can't find anywhere where I can get my hands on a flight case or 2 that will protect my precious gear while it's thrown around by the roadies

Have roland made anything like this? I think there are a few cases on ebay for the module alone, but Id like to get one for the pads and rack and cymbals as well!!!

Thanks
          z1
          Hi, I just bought myself a used TD-20 kit and included was a custom made flightcase, it's basic a case from Spectrumcases in Sweden. Attached you'll find a picture of it. It measure approx. 120x60x60 cm.
          Hope this can bring some ideas how it can be done.
          Cheers Steffo
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't want to have a seperate cover bag for my rack - let alone store it above my pads... sounds dangerous, the pads and cymbals being different size and all. Does the tray of the rack compartment have a flat strong bottom?

I have my eyes on these: http://www.thomann.de/nl/millenium_edrumgigbag.htm

Way cheaper, but the down side is I don't have any idea what it looks like inside. I'm going to ask thomann to show me some picures of it to make sure it fits upto my 16" cymbals. Right now I think the dimensions are about 30x16x16".

I might buy two of these bags to fit all my 12 pads as well as all the hardwares, everything except the rack...

But then I like the fact that those new bags from PR come with wheels and retractable handles. Keep us updated!

Comment

That thomann-gigbag does look great...

Steffo60, I'm a bit surprised there is no foam or padding in the case... Seems OK for the pads and hardware, but I can't imagine transporting my TD-20 like that.

Stijn
              'lectric drumma
              Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by 'lectric drumma View Post

Steffo60, I'm a bit surprised there is no foam or padding in the case... Seems OK for the pads and hardware, but I can't imagine transporting my TD-20 like that.

Stijn
                Stijn, I understand what you mean and I have thought of it myself. The only transport I have made so far is in my car when I collect it. What you don't see in the picture is a very simple solution with a woodblock in the top section with a whole drilled that suits the TD-20 standholder perfect, so the module is not toching the walls. But it certinly can't harm to attach some foam on the walls, probably I will do that.

Cheers Steffo

Comment

Welcome aboard Steffo!

Yeah that case of yours does look a little too rough for the pads.. Otherwise cool looking case

Comment

Originally posted by kevincool87 View Post
                    Welcome aboard Steffo!

Yeah that case of yours does look a little too rough for the pads.. Otherwise cool looking case
                    Thanks, its a great forum.

Yeah I know what you mean. But this kit has been on the road for 2 years and still in great condition exept for the dust but thats gone now.

Comment

Is there no such thing as a TD-20 hard case?

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper70 View Post
                        Hi Raj,

Their website is http://www.protectionracket.co.uk/index.asp but the info regarding the TD-20 case was from a discussion I had with Dean from Protection Racket, he then emailed me the pictures.
                        There's lots on info about the products on their site but not specifically about the TD-20 case as it's still being road tested by their endorsees.

I have to admit, the prospect of having something as rugged as the Protection Racket 'Electro 3' case I already own, but specifically designed for the TD-20 + rack is very exciting.

Sean

Thanks forthe update Sean,

Was kind of expecting a different site, and yes it isn't listed there since this new bag seems a lot smoother in texture and looks a little nicer with the side compartment.

Do think it is priced a little on the high side though, specially for a single soft case??

Comment

These millenium E-Drum Gigbags are manufactured by Thomann themselves. Dimensions are 33x34x87 cm strangely, and they didn't give me any pictures. 33 x 34 is way too small to accompany pads especially large cymbal pads, I'm pretty sure they mixed it up with 43x44cm. Otherwise.. Oh well my business is long gone elsewhere.

Comment

Or at least (that's what I rather think) are bought somewhere and they got the "Millenium"-template on it. I thinks so because in the past someone asked about speakers from Thomann's own brand, "The Box". Some time before that post, I was at Piens Musicstore (one of the biggest in Belgium), testing some speakers, brand "Cool", made by Piens...

Now take a look, speaker from brand "The Box" by Thomann, type "PA502 A": http://www.thomann.de/be/the_box_pa5...angesystem.htm and compare to speaker from brand "Cool" by Piens, type "A 15": http://www.piens.be/prices/index.lasso?id=5&a=043600

Doesn't matter actually what the brand is if it's exactly the same thing, the quality will be the same, and I was quite happy with the sound it produced (from a CD anyway)...

Stijn
                            'lectric drumma
                            Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Well to my surprise I ended up purchasing DRUM-SC04. I was in market for a MDS-20BK and found a sweet deal for both the rack and the soft case, and combining them both allowed me to reduce the potential shipping price that would've been nearly double if I had bought the case seperately.

Since no one had ever bothered to take extensive pics of their DRUM-SC04's, I'll take loads and post 'em up here next week when I get em. I had to ask about a dozen questions to the sales rep to get my self convinced with the dimensions and such, as I have more pads than usual TD-20 set carries, as well as odd bigger sizes.

Though, seeing how this set of cases cover everything from racks to hardware, it was definitely worth getting than getting two millenium/PR e3 or the new TD-20 case from PR which all cost more in the end than drum-sc04.

Comment

Pics and details of Drumsc-04 uploaded to my album : http://www.vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=33

Comment

Working...
                                X