Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight case for TD-20 Full setup

Hi

I haev had my Vdrum setup for the last year or so now... and i love every second i spend sitting behind them...so much fun...
    Now I'm ready to take it out of my bedroom and bring it on the road with me. The trouble is, I can't find anywhere where I can get my hands on a flight case or 2 that will protect my precious gear while it's thrown around by the roadies

Have roland made anything like this? I think there are a few cases on ebay for the module alone, but Id like to get one for the pads and rack and cymbals as well!!!

Thanks
    z1

Hi

I have the same problem, but for me a hardcase would take to much space at home standing around 95% of a year. Now I'm looking on something like this:
    http://www.osc.drum-tec.de/protectio...ro3-p-572.html
    Drummer in Locus Neminis
    https://www.facebook.com/locusneminis
    Pearl Drums, Gibraltar Hardware, Trick Bigfoot Pedals, Paiste PST5 Cymbals, Roland TD-10 + TDW-1, Roland RT Triggers, Yamaha KP-65 with Evans Eq Patches, Drum-Tec Pro black mesheads

Comment

I am looking for some flight cases for the set too. I am not too concerned about a case for the rack, but I do want them for the pads, module, cymbals, and some of the hardware. I have been searching google for "custom flight cases" and have found a few companies that will make them to your specs. Let me know if you find anything out about a good place to buy from and a good price. I will get back to you if I find anything...
      **New kit construction complete. Pangea is born**SPD-S, Malletkat Express w/ Kurzweil PC-2R, Mackie DFX-12 mixer and a pair JBL EON G2 15" amps with an Eon 518-S Sub.

11pc. Pearl kit with custom marble swirl finish, and Sabian Cymbals.

sigpic

Comment

Any 'custom' made cases can / will work out expensive...... i just bought generic cases and with the help of some foam........... all fits in 2 of these...... Mackies sit on top for loading into gig...... then they are my speaker stands.
        Attached Files
        TD10ex, SPD-S, kd's, pd's, cy's, Koby, KitToys ( 9" splash & 10" mini china - yep you read that correctly... a very rare 10" mini china lol ), Iron Cobra, Mackie, Beyer. arizonaband.net

Comment

Originally posted by zildjian1 View Post
          Hi

I haev had my Vdrum setup for the last year or so now... and i love every second i spend sitting behind them...so much fun...
          Now I'm ready to take it out of my bedroom and bring it on the road with me. The trouble is, I can't find anywhere where I can get my hands on a flight case or 2 that will protect my precious gear while it's thrown around by the roadies

Have roland made anything like this? I think there are a few cases on ebay for the module alone, but Id like to get one for the pads and rack and cymbals as well!!!

Thanks
          z1

roadies?? as in airport workers who handle luggage??

Comment

I lug my TD20 kit back and forth from Maryland to Florida and back each year. There aren’t many case options for V-Drums other then custom ATI style cases. Roland makes a set of three soft cases which are OK, but clearly not roadie-proof. One case holds the pads and brain, the second the cymbals, and the third is a cheap bag for the rack and offers no protection at all.

In the ‘80’ I bought a lot of cases for my AV company from Steve Burkey at Cabbage cases. He makes a great case and has a series made from PVC which is less expensive then ATI grade cases.

Here is a link to his site that shows prices for his stock PVC cases.

http://www.cabbagecases.com/STOCK.HTM

Comment

Ramsh is right. Go for an Electronic kit case from Protection Racket. Seriously heavy duty fabric, loads of padding and heavily padded dividers secured to the inside of the bag with velcro. I have the largest one - 36"x16"x16" and I can fit my TD12 module, 3x PD85s, 1x PD105, 2x CY12s, 1x CY15R, 1x CY14, the cable snake, mic and a stick bag too! You'll need the 16" x 16" large size so you can stand the larger CYs on their sides so everything is stacked sideways. If you put the TD12 in something harder, then an SPD-S will fit in instead.

Highly recommended. I also recommend a Drum-tec hard flight case for your module - it's expensive and worthy of extra protection so the drum-tec case is probably worthwhile. You can find it on ebay from Germany. Padding inside is adjustable for both TD12 and TD20.

Comment

Hi All,

Another options is to use "Space Cases" - check out your local 4WD (SUV) accessories shop - in Australia somewhere like www.arb.com.au has these. They're made of strong plastic in various colours, are lightweight, have o-ring seals (waterproof and dustproof) and are lockable (with a padlock) - all you need to add is some foam padding and casters if you want wheels. Price is pretty reasonable compared to road cases too.

Comment

Have a look at www.hardcase.com they may have something suitable for you.

Cheers
                  Mick
                  www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

I had a set of custom 'flight cases' that the previous owner of my first kit had paid dearly to have made, (I think that the photos are still floating around the vdrums site somewhere). As an alternative, I purchased a set of luggage, (the 'nested' type with extendable handles, and wheels). The set has two wheeled bags with handles, and several smaller components, including what I think used to be called a 'vanity case' which is perfect for added protection for the module. They are sturdy enough to protect the triggers and module, and only need a few slabs of foam as dividers. I wrapped the foam in rough cloth and used velcro in the luggage to position it. Total cost for the luggage set: $12 at a surplus store. The larger case is also usable as a trap case for an a-kit, as it will hold most cymbal stands, etc.

Myke C.

Comment

Originally posted by StuR View Post
                      Ramsh is right. Go for an Electronic kit case from Protection Racket. Seriously heavy duty fabric, loads of padding and heavily padded dividers secured to the inside of the bag with velcro. I have the largest one - 36"x16"x16"...

That what I have, and it's fantastic. Sturdy, durable, looks cool.

BUT my friends, protection racket have informed me that as we speak they are road testing their first dedicated td-20 case. I have pictures but I think it would be unfair of me to post without permission.

I can however tell you that it:

1. Is on wheels
                      2. Has a retractable telescopic handle
                      3. Large outer pocket for auxiliary items
                      4. 13 x internal & fully adjustable compartments for pads/brain/cymbals
                      5. carrying handles that can be stowed away
                      6. Coffin style lid for easy entry & exit of pads
                      7. removable tray that sits on top of pad for rack
                      8. 48” L x 21” H x 16” W

Looks the dogs bollox and should be available September/October.

Happy days!

Sean
                      Last edited by Trooper70; 07-12-08, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Hey guys just noticed this at Roland's site..
                        Not sure how much they sell for though???

http://www.rolandus.com/PRODUCTS/pro...77&ParentId=73

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper70 View Post
                          That what I have, and it's fantastic. Sturdy, durable, looks cool.

BUT my friends, protection racket have informed me that as we speak they are road testing their first dedicated td-20 case. I have pictures but I think it would be unfair of me to post without permission.

I can however tell you that it:

1. Is on wheels
                          2. Has a retractable telescopic handle
                          3. Large outer pocket for auxiliary items
                          4. 13 x internal & fully adjustable compartments for pads/brain/cymbals
                          5. carrying handles that can be stowed away
                          6. Coffin style lid for easy entry & exit of pads
                          7. removable tray that sits on top of pad for rack
                          8. 48” L x 21” H x 16” W

Looks the dogs bollox and should be available September/October.

Happy days!

Sean
                          Protection racket have kindly given me permission to show the pictures they sent me of the prototype TD-20 case. Should be available from septmber/October

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper70 View Post
                            Protection racket have kindly given me permission to show the pictures they sent me of the prototype TD-20 case. Should be available from septmber/October

Sean
                            Hey Sean, they really look great, you don't happen to know what they go for do ya?? Might be just what i am looking for... and if the price is right...

Comment

I've got a flight case at home from my older kit (TD-10). It's big though - when you open it, you can use it as a drumstage. Got a carpet on the side as well to prevent bassdrum and hi-hat from slipping. Depending where you're from, you can come pick it up if you like. It has wheels underneath too...

If interested, just drop me a PM.

Stijn
                              'lectric drumma
                              Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Working...
                              X