Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDRUMS

hey,
    what is the best kit that VDRUMS puts out?

Roland's top of the line set is the V-Session. A great E-Kit.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

"Cartoon".
      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Originally posted by ufotofu:
        "Cartoon".
        In fact, it should come with a warning label for anyone under the influence (i.e., new change of shorts).

E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
        A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumerboy999:
          hey,
          Mine. Ty, ty.

------------------
          Thanx!
          -Alex & V's: http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr
          Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Originally posted by Drumerboy999:
            hey,
            What is this new company VDRUMS? I've never heard of them. Can you tell me more?
            "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Let me try to clarify a few things here. It's very simple. Roland is the company that produced a line of electronic percussion products. The Vdrums are Roland's electronic drum sets. As far as electronic percussion is concerned, Roland makes trigger pads and drums, as well as modules. Roland is considered the Land Rover of SUV's. Top of the line. The newest sets by Roland are the Vdrums. They include the club set, session set, concert set, and the pro set. They have some older sets, but arent considered as Vdrums.

Now let me tell you about each kit. First off, you dont have to buy a whole Roland kit. They're are merely well planned packages. The club set is the smallest, and features the TD-7 module. Not a whole lot of power here, but great for your wallet. The other three Vdrums kits (pro, concert, and session) are all the same similar design, as far as what type of drum and where, except for a few things. The basic design here is a snare, hi hat, bass, three cymbals, and 4 toms. Now of course, each one of those can be assigned to the 600 sounds the TD-10 has to offer. Also, you really have 6 cymals (triggers) because everything is dual triggered, meaning that you can have two triggered sounds for each one. That doesnt include the touch sensitive, placement triggers. Thats right, depending on how youy hit the pad is how it will sound, just like real drums. But I'm getting carried away.

Moving on, the difference in the other three Roland sets (pro, concert, and session) are very conversationsal. The pro features my above description (for the pads) with the TD-10 module. Straight up.
              The Concert set is just the same, but it has an updated drum rack and has been painted a dark purple. They also threw in an expansion card, the TDW-1 card for Vdrums, which adds 250 new sounds to the TD-10, plus 50 more preset kits.
              And the next step up is the Session set. Now it is just like the concert set with one main difference. Instead of coming with pads for cymbals, it comes with rolands new Vcymbals. These are a little more cymbal like (because they look like it), but you still get the same sound and response as with pads.

So now its time for me to review these little wonders for you. The club set is actually a different module with all pads. Not ,much editing power, but it a great money saver if you are on a budget.
              The Pro set, which I own, is a wonder for me. I got it versus the concert for three reasonds. One, the dealer screwed up and gave me the rack for trhe concert set instead (which is slightly easier to use then the pro rack). Next, the concert set has the TDW-1 expansion card. Now I can easily get that card for $250. And last, the thing is purple. That ends that! But the fact that i can get that card myself, plus paint it something besides purple, i'm not going to pay the extra $1000 to $1500 for that! The concert set's only plus is the rack, which i "mistakingly" got.
              Now for the session set. Hmmm...the same story with the concert set with one exception. It comes with the Vcymbals, which I can buy seperately for cheaper and add them to my Vpro set. Now the set's red. But no big whoop. I like the black and white of my Vpro.
              So that's the philisophocal way of looking at it. I hope that helps!!

- Algee www.geocities.com/gagstudios
              The best damn kid in the record industry. Maybe.

Comment

a few clarifications to your clarification.

1. the v-club set comes with the td-6 module, not the td-7 module.

2. roland offers another good kit that you did not mention called the v-custom. this comes with all mesh, albeit smaller, pads and is based on the td-8 module. this kit is priced between the v-club and the td-10 kits.

3. the v-concert does not by default come with the tdw-1 expansion card. however, roland has a promotional package that allows you to send in for the tdw-1, a cy-15r ride v-cymbal, some headphones and a pair of electronic sticks (wireless).

4. most who own the v-cymbals would say that they feel quite different from the standard rolan pads.

Comment

sorry guys, i goofed. but considering all i know is from owning the vpro, magazines, and the local drum shop, i didnt do too bad.

but in my opinion, the cymbals didnt feel real, nor fake. they were completly different.

sorry, i totally forgot about the custom set. i messed up there. sorry guys!

Comment

Originally posted by digitsone:
                    ...2. roland offers another good kit that you did not mention called the v-custom. this comes with all mesh, albeit smaller, pads and is based on the td-8 module.
                    A clarification on your few clarifications to algee's clarification.

The v-Customs are not all mesh. 3 of the 8 pads are rubber.

Comment

woops, my bad. i frequently use "pads" where i should use "pads that would conventionally be used as drum surfaces." must be a function of owning the v-cymbals.

yes, the "pads that would conventionally be used as cymbal surfaces" are the rubber pd-7 series pads. the "pads that would conventionally be used as drum surfaces" are all mesh headed.

i think between three of us we finally got an accurate description. sad.

[This message has been edited by digitsone (edited November 26, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Algee:
                        [B]As far as electronic percussion is concerned, Roland makes trigger pads and drums, as well as modules. Roland is considered the Land Rover of SUV's. Top of the line.
                        By some. Just as many would consider the various flavors of ddrum, or the Yamaha DTXtreme to be the top of the line. Others like the _extreme_ editing power and MIDI capabilities of the KAT products. Still others like the realism and very fast triggering/scan time of Boom Theory (Spacemuffins) They're all different animals, and to make a blanket statement that V-drums are considered "the" top of the line is incorrect and misleading.

:-)

Brandon, who uses a combination of Yamaha, Roland, Kat, and Boom Theory products on his set :-)
                        https://www.instagram.com/bpaluzzi/

ad5 // SPD-SX // DTXMulti12 // drumbrute // DFAM

Comment

Not to split hairs (or is it heirs, whatever), but doesn't the V-Session also have the V-kick bass drum pad.

I don't own any V-drums except the unexpanded TD-10, so what do I know, right?

Anyway, it was fun reading this topic. I know its kind of old and probably doesn't matter anymore either.

Comment

Algee, I think you mistook my sarcasm for an actual question....
                            "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

you know, i dont think drummerboy99 ever read this...

Comment

Working...
                              X