"The V-Cymbals"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The V-Cymbals"

Does anyone have the new V-cymbals? If you do how different are they and how much do they $cost$?
    Dollar Bill yall!

------------------
    Stebe Ges
    Stebe Ges

They are very heavy feeling. $1112.00 for a complete set. My jury is still out.

Aaron M. Murrell

Comment

Stebe,

Except for the hi-hat, the ride and crashes feel MUCH more like real cymbals that the horrid circular "practice pads" types most other sets use. Especially like the ride and the capabilities of three triggers. My gripe with the hi-hat. Well, wish it actually opened and closed like the real deal.

Just my humble 2 yen.

Enjoy the music (Billy Higgins right now on FNX radio),

Steven R. Rochlin http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Enjoy the music,

Steven R. Rochlin
      http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Comment

Why is everyone so hung up about the HH opening like the real thing? 90% or better of the players I see play there HH may open up 1/4 of an inch or less. What is the big deal? Maybe I have been playing edrums for to long?

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

Yes.

You've been playing E drums too long.

As great as E drums can be there are some things they can't do.....like duplicate the feeling you get when you play a hi hat or offer you all the possibilities of sound that come with playing a real hi hat.

Sorry.

Comment

Mikster you are correct but for me the trade off is more than worth it. I have gone from "I will never play electronic drums ever" to "I don't care if I ever play acoutic drums again, I really have no desire to go back!" I can only afford one kind or the other and the V's give me WAY MORE bang for the buck, IMHO!! Not to say there is anything wrong with acoustic drums. For me I am very happy being an V-Drummer!!!

------------------
            Ted H.
            www.tocsinrocks.com
            Ted H.

Comment

I completely disagree with the opinion that the V-Hihat should open like the real thing. We are playing electronic drums here, this is a new instrument, with a new feel. IMO if you want an opening/closing Hihat feel, get some Visu-lites, or buy a real Hihat. A Strat doesn't feel like a Martin D28.
              I'm not planning on buying the V-Cymbals (If I were I'd get Visu-Lites, for optical reasons), although I like them. I prefer the feel of the PD-9s, since my cymbal sounds don't sound real, why should I have pads that look like real cymbals?

Stu
              in a pissy mood thanks to food poisoning
              "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I am sorry about the food posioning I hope you are feeling better and not "Stu-ing" over it all day and night. Sorry could not resist the really BAD pun!!

------------------
                Ted H.
                www.tocsinrocks.com
                Ted H.

Comment

I went more in depth about this in a topic I posted under "Products" titled "Club Kit review", but I think anyone interested in the Roland V-cymbals should give the CY-6s a try first. They work just the same and are a whole lot cheaper. I've tried 'em and like 'em.....
                  TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
                    I am sorry about the food posioning I hope you are feeling better and not "Stu-ing" over it all day and night. Sorry could not resist the really BAD pun!!

Hehehe, thanks! I've been laughing down the toilet since Friday night, but I'm feeling much better now, thank you. Bad part was I missed band practice, good part was I din't have to spend Sunday with the in-laws!

Stu
                    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Working...
                    X