settings to text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• settings to text

I wish there was a program to allow you to do a sysex dump to PC and convert all settings to a text file. It would be a good utility to help analyze your settings and identify where potential problems are. It would also help understand which settings sound good vs lame.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Originally posted by Boingo:
    It would also help understand which settings sound good vs lame.
    Uhh ???

head_type_setting_1=value: pinstripe
    head_type_setting_1=value: clear

But how does it sound?
    Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
      Uhh ???

head_type_setting_1=value: pinstripe
      head_type_setting_1=value: clear

But how does it sound?
      Obviously one evaluates sound with their own ears and the amp sound varies from one brand to another. I am concerned with my amp sound and what pleases my ears. My point is it may be possible to see patterns in ones settings. Snares with that killer crack may seem to have X amount of compression on the snare or hi-hats sound best with room settings of X and ambience settings in a particular range. I'm looking for a way to evaluate what works and what doesn't and reduce the tweaking time and increase the playing time. I don't think it will ever yield a formula but it might direct you to a range much quicker.

As far as trouble shooting, it would help answer a lot of newbie questions on this site, like: my rim click doesn't work - and you find the factory sensitivity is 6 and your setting is 1. A quick comparision would solve the problem quickly. I know I have accidently changed seldom used settings more than once which cost me an hour to find the problem.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
      X