Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland TD-27 control click track metronome by switch or pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-27 control click track metronome by switch or pad

I recent bought a Roland TD-27 and converted an acoustic kit to an electric (with self build triggers). All works great and now I’m experimenting with Roland’s PD8’s to trigger samples. But I also found out that you can use a pad in the same way as a Footswitch by Aux3. But why can’t I trigger a metronome with this? Someone managed this with a TD25, 27 or 50?

An even beter feature would be to tap the desired tempo with the stick by tapping a PD8! This gives a better result than by finger on the module itself.

I hope someone at Roland will read this :-D
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by bernowal; 09-01-22, 02:03 PM.
    DIY triggers in an acoustic kit (Mapex Mars Nightwood) with Evans Soundoff mesh heads, Roland TD-27 module with Roland VH11 HH, CY 12,13,16 Crash and CY18DR Ride.

I did find out it’s possible to tap the tempo of click by a external pad/trigger. But now Roland have to make it possible to start/stop the click by tapping a pad/trigger. It can’t be that hard to add this feature to ‘foot switch/pad control’ since you can start and stop and up down a lot at that place…
    DIY triggers in an acoustic kit (Mapex Mars Nightwood) with Evans Soundoff mesh heads, Roland TD-27 module with Roland VH11 HH, CY 12,13,16 Crash and CY18DR Ride.

Comment

iirc you can import a sample, set it to loop and have it start and stop with a trigger (pad).. said sample can easily be your click track.

yes, i know, not ideal, but deals with the primary issue you ahve.

regards

Comment

Working...
      X