Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
    Japanese are known for eons of tradition. I wouldn't hold my breath. lol
    Until $ get hurts, still own vision is as well from others.
    Last edited by Chris K; 12-30-19, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

Until $ get hurts, still own vision is as well from others.
      True, but cost vs the end user’s price have always lead Roland to mediocre advancement to keep it all somewhat reasonable. I’m hoping the competition has put a little pressure on Roland over the past 4 years to provide a potentially larger advancement this NAMM; but since they’re still king, they’ll advance as they well please. They’re due a new flagship, but I have my predictions. I think they’ll stretch the 50 out a little longer. We should see a mid-level release this year though... and maybe a new SPD.
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

FOR ALL OF THE NAYSAYERS WHO SAID THAT ROLAND WOULDN'T MAKE ACOUSTIC SIZED TOMS AND CYMBALS: https://www.roland.com/us/categories...n/pads_pedals/
        Roland TD-15K & TD-3 Drumsets, Roland Octopad II, Alesis D4 & DM5 Drum Modules, Alesis HR-16 & HR-16B Drum Machine & Sequencer, Rolls Headphone Amp, Yamaha 12-Channel Mixing Board, Shure In-Ear Monitor Buds, AKG Headphones, Ableton Live 9 DAW, Tama Drums, Zildjian & Sabian Cymbals, Shure, AKG, & Beyer-Dynamic Mikes..etc..............

Comment

As I said earlier, the new trend in electronic drums is to have ACOUSTIC SIZED DRUMS and CYMBALS!! There are a lot of professional touring acts who are using Roland products on stage.....some of them are using complete TD-50 kits! These drummers like myself want acoustic sized drums instead of the smaller pads and Roland has listened!! Thanks Roland!!
          Roland TD-15K & TD-3 Drumsets, Roland Octopad II, Alesis D4 & DM5 Drum Modules, Alesis HR-16 & HR-16B Drum Machine & Sequencer, Rolls Headphone Amp, Yamaha 12-Channel Mixing Board, Shure In-Ear Monitor Buds, AKG Headphones, Ableton Live 9 DAW, Tama Drums, Zildjian & Sabian Cymbals, Shure, AKG, & Beyer-Dynamic Mikes..etc..............

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            FOR ALL OF THE NAYSAYERS WHO SAID THAT ROLAND WOULDN'T MAKE ACOUSTIC SIZED TOMS AND CYMBALS: https://www.roland.com/us/categories...n/pads_pedals/
            No need to yell that bad....it's just a copied drumkit....
            Band-set: Pearl Mimic Pro, Jobeky 6-Piece Prestige Custom Half Size, Drum-tec Diablo HH Snare. Cymbals: ATV Expanded Set, 2x PCY100. Roland SPD-S. EV ZLX15P Home Set: the same Pearl Mimic Pro with Roland TD-8V Padset, Millenium Sidetrigger Snare, 2xPCY13 Crash, PCY15R Ride, FD-7/PCY100 HH

Comment

Originally posted by FES View Post

I know when you type in CAPS, it indicates that you are yelling..........but I am not! My post is for the ones who thought that Roland couldn't or wouldn't make larger pads and cymbals. I kinda figure that Roland was up to something when I emailed them about making larger pads and cymbals and they were real evasive about their answer. I'm glad that they did and I already have my list ready to purchase! Thanks again Roland!!!

Comment

Exclamation marks are also a way of yelling You sir are a very lucky man, I'm glad you've had your wish come true. As much as they do this the usual, expensive Roland way, it should make some kind of ripple effect on the market. It also means that (sorry for this one but I reckon we're past this point already) other companies have greatly impacted Roland who finally realised that they're not alone anymore and that drummers got used to some new stuff out of Roland's lineup. At this point it seems that eDrums have officially graduated to a fully fledged instrument with a rightful place on the stage, since the king of the eDrums have started making them in the most stage-worthy form.
                •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
                •SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
                •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post
                  Exclamation marks are also a way of yelling You sir are a very lucky man, I'm glad you've had your wish come true. As much as they do this the usual, expensive Roland way, it should make some kind of ripple effect on the market. It also means that (sorry for this one but I reckon we're past this point already) other companies have greatly impacted Roland who finally realised that they're not alone anymore and that drummers got used to some new stuff out of Roland's lineup. At this point it seems that eDrums have officially graduated to a fully fledged instrument with a rightful place on the stage, since the king of the eDrums have started making them in the most stage-worthy form.
                  Yes, and to be truthful, it shouldn't have taken this long! But, I'm finally glad that they did. Now I can buy the toms and cymbals I need to make it look like an acoustic kit!

Comment

Originally posted by FES View Post

Thank you for saying that. THE CAPS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS ARE ABRASIVE!!!!!!
                    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post

Thank you for saying that. THE CAPS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS ARE ABRASIVE!!!!!!
                      Why are you yelling now???.......hahahaha.....lol

Comment

I'm just over here wondering who ever said Roland would never make full-sized drums.
                        Alan
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                          I'm just over here wondering who ever said Roland would never make full-sized drums.
                          Hey Alan., you may need to go back to the first post and read from there! There were some(not all ) who thought that Roland wouldn't make acoustic sized drums and I was told to either go with another manufacturer or make the sizes I wanted on my own (d.i.y).

Comment

Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post
                            You're basically wishing for Roland to make something that DrumTec, ATV and some others are already making. Maybe if more people like you that seek the acoustic-like pads would start buying more non-Roland stuff, the Japanese giant would step up, but then again, maybe they plan to do so already?
                            To Roger 's point directly above, this is funny in hindsight, and is exactly what just happened.
                            ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Hey Alan., you may need to go back to the first post and read from there! There were some(not all ) who thought that Roland wouldn't make acoustic sized drums and I was told to either go with another manufacturer or make the sizes I wanted on my own (d.i.y).
                              did you put in your pre-order for VAD506?

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post

did you put in your pre-order for VAD506?
                                I already own a TD-50 kit, I plan on ordering just the toms and cymbals.

Comment

Working...
                                X