Wish List for Roland V Drums!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish List for Roland V Drums!

This is my wish list for Roland V Drums (not: Alesis, Yamaha, ATV, Jobeky, Drum-Tec, Pearl, Simmons and any other drum manufacturer that I did not mention)...............

1. 16" Crash Cymbal
    2. 14" Tom
    3. 16" Tom
    4. Realistic melodic tom sounds (8", 10" 12")
    5. 14" Digital Hi-Hats

With the new sized drums and cymbals, Roland can truly market a acoustic sized drum set and offer different variations of the kit. My ultimate kit would be 10' 12" 14" 16" toms, 14" 15" 16" cymbals, 18" ride, 14" snare, 14" hi-hats, 22" kick drum!
    Last edited by Roger; 12-19-19, 11:31 AM.
    Roland TD-15K & TD-3 Drumsets, Roland Octopad II, Alesis D4 & DM5 Drum Modules, Alesis HR-16 & HR-16B Drum Machine & Sequencer, Rolls Headphone Amp, Yamaha 12-Channel Mixing Board, Shure In-Ear Monitor Buds, AKG Headphones, Ableton Live 9 DAW, Tama Drums, Zildjian & Sabian Cymbals, Shure, AKG, & Beyer-Dynamic Mikes..etc..............

May I add?

Realistic, multi-layered sounds. I'm not asking for the VST approach, just more realistic acoustic sounding snares for example, that have perhaps twice as many layers as they do now.
    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Why does it have to be Roland? I think I’m done with Roland now. Others do a better job these days.
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

mkok, Because this is the product that I use!!!! My band plays 60-70 shows a year. We run a "quiet stage", no amps, monitors, side fills or acoustic drums! I use Roland TD-50RW kit and SPD-SX SE sample pad. I've never had ANY issues with this equipment after playing over 200 shows (and counting) with this equipment!! I'm sorry if you've had issues with your equipment, but this is MY wish list..............not yours............
        Roland TD-15K & TD-3 Drumsets, Roland Octopad II, Alesis D4 & DM5 Drum Modules, Alesis HR-16 & HR-16B Drum Machine & Sequencer, Rolls Headphone Amp, Yamaha 12-Channel Mixing Board, Shure In-Ear Monitor Buds, AKG Headphones, Ableton Live 9 DAW, Tama Drums, Zildjian & Sabian Cymbals, Shure, AKG, & Beyer-Dynamic Mikes..etc..............

Comment

Slightly snippy there, Roger.

Comment

Myself, I don't care much about digital pads, because I want compatibility with non-Roland modules. But that said...

(1) Tom sizes: 10, 12, 14, and 16, yes please!

(2) Bass drum sizes: 18, 20, and 22.

(3) cymbals: 16 and 18 crashes, 14 hats (15 and 16 options would be nice to have, too), and 20 and 22 rides.

(4) More realistic sounds closer to VST quality.

(5) No machine gunning! (This is almost solved already in the TD-50, but I want to ensure progress continues.)

(6) No more garbage sounds: get rid of the 808, 909, and other useless electronica and effect sounds, and provide a broader variety of acoustic drum and percussion sounds.

(7) All cymbals three zone and the module supports three zones for all cymbals.

(8) Cymbal bells that trigger reliably and that respond to all dynamic levels of tip and shank playing.

(9) Put a proper sequencer back into the module and enhance the sequencer with greater storage space, more tracks, linear and pattern sequencing and chaining options, quantizing options, and a full array of editing features.

(10) Provide positional sensing for all pads and cymbals. Also, provide separate CC channels (continuous controller) for each tom instead of having all toms share a single CC channel.

(11) Support brush sweeps on all pads and cymbals, and add a wider variety of brush sounds.

(12) Get rid of the drum rack and make a kit where the toms mount on the bass drum and the floor toms stand on their own. Essentially, make the kit look and feel acoustic, and provide the same setup flexibility as acoustic drums.

That's my current wish list for Roland V-Drums.
            Last edited by TangTheHump; 12-18-19, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
              Why does it have to be Roland? I think I’m done with Roland now. Others do a better job these days.
              Because Roland works. Except for their modules (which most certainly is paramount ) their other hardware (pads, cymbals, etc.) work quite well - and they are very durable.

Comment

Originally posted by Perkussion View Post
                Slightly snippy there, Roger.
                Perkussion, I didn't make this post to bash Roland or any other E-drum manufacturer. I was only talking about what I would like to see Roland make! I'm not concerned about whether someone likes Roland products or not.

Comment

Is this not a Roland V Drums forum? Roland V Drums is what I use exclusively. I'm not concerned about what other drum manufacturers do or don't do because I don't use/play their equipment!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TangTheHump View Post
                    Myself, I don't care much about digital pads, because I want compatibility with non-Roland modules. But that said...

(1) Tom sizes: 10, 12, 14, and 16, yes please!

(2) Bass drum sizes: 18, 20, and 22.

(3) cymbals: 16 and 18 crashes, 14 hats (15 and 16 options would be nice to have, too), and 20 and 22 rides.

(4) More realistic sounds closer to VST quality.

(5) No machine gunning! (This is almost solved already in the TD-50, but I want to ensure progress continues.)

(6) No more garbage sounds: get rid of the 808, 909, and other useless electronica and effect sounds, and provide a broader variety of acoustic drum and percussion sounds.

(7) All cymbals three zone and the module supports three zones for all cymbals.

(8) Cymbal bells that trigger reliably and that respond to all dynamic levels of tip and shank playing.

(9) Put a proper sequencer back into the module and enhance the sequencer with greater storage space, more tracks, linear and pattern sequencing and chaining options, quantizing options, and a full array of editing features.

(10) Provide positional sensing for all pads and cymbals. Also, provide separate CC channels (continuous controller) for each tom instead of having all toms share a single CC channel.

(11) Support brush sweeps on all pads and cymbals, and add a wider variety of brush sounds.

(12) Get rid of the drum rack and make a kit where the toms mount on the bass drum and the floor toms stand on their own. Essentially, make the kit look and feel acoustic, and provide the same setup flexibility as acoustic drums.

That's my current wish list for Roland V-Drums.
                    I Agree!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EssKayKay View Post

Because Roland works. Except for their modules (which most certainly is paramount ) their other hardware (pads, cymbals, etc.) work quite well - and they are very durable.
                      EXACTLY!!!

Comment

I have Roland and have had no problems with them. I still wouldn’t play my td30 live though as the sounds are not good enough. Great for triggering vst instruments though. I’ve tried the td50 and although better is still no where near good enough sounding. If I was to play live it would not be Roland for the main kit. I would however use a pad to supplement as I have in the past. I think Roland wish list are a bit pointless as they do their own thing. It would be quite simple. Sample based module with multi layers with round robin in a solid module with lots of trigger inputs.
                        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

I have Roland and have had no problems with them. I still wouldn’t play my td30 live though as the sounds are not good enough. Great for triggering vst instruments though. I’ve tried the td50 and although better is still no where near good enough sounding. If I was to play live it would not be Roland for the main kit. I would however use a pad to supplement as I have in the past. I think Roland wish list are a bit pointless as they do their own thing. It would be quite simple. Sample based module with multi layers with round robin in a solid module with lots of trigger inputs.
                          Again, you are taking this post way too seriously!! It's just a wishlist, that's all! I didn't put this post up to debate what the TD-50 can or cannot do! Re-read my post. I was mainly talking about the pads and cymbal pads! You took the post to a whole different level!! Roland has its own proprietary sounds and I doubt that they are going to change them to make them sound like the mimic pro or the strike pro!
                          Last edited by Roger; 12-19-19, 06:53 AM.

Comment

You're basically wishing for Roland to make something that DrumTec, ATV and some others are already making. It's a valid point, but saying that other brands don't count because you're using just Roland at the moment seems rather restrictive to your self. Other than availability and shipping costs to some countries, the full sized drum pads these 'other' companies make are perfectly usable as any Roland products are.

Maybe if more people like you that seek the acoustic-like pads would start buying more non-roland stuff, the japaneese giant would step up, but than again, maybe they plan to do so already?
                            •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
                            •SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
                            •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

IS THERE ANYONE ON THIS FORUM WHO CAN READ AND COMPREHEND??? WHY ARE YOU GUYS MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT MY WISH LIST??? This is my wish list for Roland products I would like to see them make.......AGAIN A WISH LIST..........NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS!!! I don't want to purchase Alesis, Yamaha, ATV, Pearl or any other manufacturer e-drums!! I am satisfied with what I am using. If Roland doesn't want to make those sizes, it's still fine with me! I'm not going to stop using their products! Why, because it gets the job done for the situation I'm in!! PLEASE STOP TRYING TO MAKE THIS POST INTO SOMETHING IT IS NOT!!!.................Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X